LifeChurch is about LifeChange. We are a contemporary, culturally relevant, and growing church that is reaching people from all walks of life and helping them experience the new life Jesus came to bring (John 10:10). Our vision is to be a community where
real people can connect with a real God and experience real life. Our mission, based on the Great Commission, is to help people
Know Jesus, Grow together in Him & Go serve the world (Matt 28:18-20). We are currently seeking a Lead Pastor who will help us continue to achieve our vision and mission in conjunction with our core values.
The right leader will be able to both excel in the following responsibilities and embody the following qualifications.
The Lead Pastor will be responsible for the leadership and direction for LifeChurch.
1. Strategic planning and leadership for the church and its ministries
a. Future Forecasting – Be aware of where the church as a whole is currently, where it will need to be in 12-24 months, and what steps will need to be taken to get it there.
b. Systems evaluation – Be aware of how each of the 7 systems of the church are functioning currently, how they will need to function in 12-24 months, and what steps will need to be taken to get them there.
c. Goal setting – Lead the process for annual goal setting for the church and its ministries, lead the biannual review of those goals, and monitor the progress in the achievement of those goals. As needed lead
in necessary “course corrections” when goals are not being met. As possible provide onsite observation and evaluation for church ministries.
d. Budget needs – Track the budget and keeping the church informed and motivated as to budgetary needs.
2. Quality assurance and hope
a. Assure that sin is addressed, holiness is pursued in the church, and conflict is resolved within the church.
b. Lead the church and its teams to be forever striving to raise “the grade” by 5% or to maintain a level of achieved excellence.
c. Assure that hope is always present and palpable by celebrating the wins, thanking and encouraging those who made the wins possible, vision casting the future, and maintaining a culture of optimism in the
3. Leadership on key teams and in key meetings
a. Work with Leadership Team chair to lead the LT and its meetings.
b. Work with Nominating Committee chair to lead the NC and its meetings.
c. Lead Senior Staff and All Staff meeting.
d. Lead Congregational Meetings.
e. Provide supervision for and regularly meet 1 on 1 with Senior Staff Members.
4. Leadership development
a. Develop the annual church leadership development plan.
b. Identify, invest in, and develop key leaders within the church.
c. Lead in identifying and engaging high capacity community leaders in the congregation.
The Lead Pastor will be responsible for the the weekend teaching and services at LifeChurch.
1. Lead staff in the research and develop sermon series.
2. Ensure that a healthy rhythm is maintain for series topics and weekend topics.
3. Weekend speakers
a. Speak 2-3 times a month.
b. Coordinate weekend speakers.
c. Develop new and existing speakers.
4. Artistic elements
a. In conjunction with the Worship Arts Director develop weekend service plans.
b. Be a leading participant in the Worship Design Team meeting.
c. Ensure a healthy rhythm is maintained in spiritual and artistic elements – special music, props, communion, video clips, life stories, etc.
The Lead Pastor will be responsible for the shepherding and care of the congregation, leadership, and staff of LifeChurch
1. Oversee the provision of pastoral care for members of the congregation and staff team.
2. Oversee the provision pastoral counseling for members of the congregation and staff team.
3. Regularly pray for the congregation and staff team.
All other duties as assigned by the Leadership Team.
1. Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Is committed to personal growth, servant leadership, healthy relationships, and being one in spirit with the Leadership Team at LifeChurch.
2. Is energetic, self-motivated, and thrives on being challenged.
3. Has a passion for evangelism, discipleship, and mission.
4. Is a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Is willing and able to be credentialed in the Evangelical Covenant Church.
6. Master’s Degree in either Divinity or Theology preferred.
7. Can demonstrate previous success and an ongoing ability in completing the responsibilities listed above, preferably in a church of 1500 or more.
To express an interest in this position please send a resume highlighting your ability to meet the above responsibilities and qualifications, with your last name included in the title of that document, to firstname.lastname@example.org as
well as a link to a sermon you have preached recently.