(We will respond within 1 Day if we would like to setup an interview. As of FEBRUARY 2 we are still looking for more submissions)
Church of the Redeemer is a multicultural, multi-generational, multi-site church that leans to the next generation. We are a non-denominational church that just Celebrated is 30th year of ministry together and is continuing to expand our reach in Montgomery
and Frederick counties of Maryland. We are a suburb of Washington D.C. (about 30 - 40 minutes away). Please visit our website for a complete understanding of who we are as a church and what we believe (Spoiler Alert: We’re a pretty standard bible believing
church who emphasizes on the practical application of Gods word) www.church-redeemer.org
Our youth ministry is called Elevate. We have recently switch to being a more small groups based ministry instead of a weekly service ministry. As a multi-site ministry we want our youth ministry to have the same feel and values across all of our campuses,
so many systems and processes have already been set. However, there is plenty of room to try new things and do what works best for each campus.
We believe small groups are the future of youth ministry. We gather all of our students on the second Wednesday of every month at each campus for a big service. While they are there we try to connect them with a small group which meets outside of the church
in coffee shops, homes, and basketball courts every other week of the month. This is a new effort and we are still in the building process.
This specific roll is for one of our smaller campuses, Clarksburg. So even though we are a large multi-site church, this particular campus has a "smaller" church feel. Whoever is hired for this position would work closely with their campus pastor and the
Elevate Multi-Site Coordinator (me) to address the needs at Clarksburg Campus. A full job description is below to give you a more wholistic idea of what we are looking for.
- Invest heavily in the volunteer team. Teaching them to lead, plan, manage, and speak as appropriate.
- Connect students to Christ and his Church
- Grow students in their faith
- Move students into an active life of service
Major Areas of Responsibility.
- Leading any weekly youth activities we have.
- Developing a volunteer led culture.
- Identifying, equipping, and multiplying small group leaders.
- Public speaking and training speakers.
- Identifying opportunities for youth to serve the church & community
- Collaborating with other campuses.
Specific Responsibilities of the Job
- Equip, train, and build relationships with key volunteers.
- Recruit and train new volunteers on an on going basis.
- Cast vision of the ministry, curriculum, volunteers, and students.
- Managing, inspecting, improving all events and activities.
- Creating a leader & co-leader culture.
- Touching base once a week with Team Leaders.
- Meeting core team once a month for training and relationship building.
- Creating outreach opportunities for youth.
- Tracking metrics for the ministry and making adjustments based on data.
- Assist in anything else needed at Clarksburg Campus
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Experience in small groups.
- An active & growing commitment to Christ & his Church.
- Able to Identify & develop potential volunteers into leaders.
- Able to Manage teams of volunteers.
- An commanding knowledge of the youth experience in 4 areas.
- Emotionally, Cognitively, Physically, Spiritually.
- Experience in guiding people spiritually.
- Exceptional communication skills orally and written