We are seeking a highly motivated ordained or lay person to create and run programming for our currently under construction 30,000 square foot Family Life Center. This space will include a gymnasium, multi-purpose style banquet rooms, student center, commercial
kitchen and meeting space. We need a creative and organized individual who will help develop new programming as well as work with our current ministries to utilize this space for our church and the community but ultimately to connect people to Jesus and to
make Jesus known. Please see the following position description.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties*
- Provide visionary leadership and set strategic direction for the Family Life Center ministries and programming
- Works with current ministries to create partnerships in building use and expand and support existing ministries
- Ensure that annual Family Life Center plans align to the overall vision and mission of the church as a whole
- Serve as Family Life Center representative on Executive Leadership team
- Create, develop, implement and oversee all recreational programs for children, students, adults and seniors in alignment with the board vision
- Create, develop, implement and oversees relations with community to develop partnerships with outside entities
Organizational Planning and Direction
- Cultivate positive relationships among internal Ministry Leaders, external program leaders, area businesses and community
- Meet responsibilities as outlined by the church board for mission/purpose, financial oversight, public relations/communication responsibilities and servant recruitment/development standards
Operational Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs the daily operations of the Family Life Center.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, trains, evaluates and assigns duties to Family Life Center personnel, including but not limited to professionals, non-professionals, full-time staff, part-time staff, seasonal staff, contractual staff and volunteers.
- Supervises all assigned staff.
- Attends or participates in meetings in which policy questions are reviewed or discussed, assists with the development of policy, recommends and establishes policy changes, assists in the planning, supervision and implementation of recreation programs; monitors
and evaluates programs.
- Ensures proper operation and maintenance of equipment
- Responsible for facility/room set-ups, tear down and cleaning for programs, events and rentals; works with RUMC facility staff to assure proper cleaning and maintenance of interior and exterior of building and grounds.
- Prepares and proposes annual budget; monitors budget; provides ongoing financial activity and attendance information and reports as necessary; prepares purchase orders and requests for all equipment, supplies, and facility needs; completes accurate documentation.
- Serves on various committees and boards within the church and makes presentations and speeches at community events; promotes the services of the Family Life Center; responds to public inquiry; and demonstrates outstanding customer service.
- Provide oversight and direction to the Kitchen Coordinator
- Develop and provide servant leaders for ministries of the Family Life Center
- Meet with Executive Director as required
- Work with pastoral staff and other congregational leaders in creating an intentional assimilation process and cultivating a leadership development culture.
*Not an exhaustive list of job responsibilities since key church programs and focus issues may change as a result of unforeseen conditions/circumstances
- Church Board directives are met in a timely and effective manner
- The Family Life Center has growing, robust programming that is connecting people to Jesus and making Jesus known
- Budgets and applicable cost control measures are consistently achieved
- Paid and unpaid Family Life Center Staff are developing leadership and team building skills
- Must love God with all your heart, soul and mind with a passion for equipping people for ministry in the church, local community and the world.
- Commitment to the mission and theology of the Church.
- Education/Certification: Bachelor’s Degree in non-profit administration, management, business, education, social work or some other related degree(s) or equivalent experience
- Experience: Administrative Leadership in a ministry or nonprofit agency or business, supervisory experience, event planning
- Passion for and ability to plan, organize and manage within the structure of a complex multi-faceted organization
- Comfortable working in a Christian environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain healthy relationships across the entire demographic of the congregation including volunteer recruitment and management
- Ability to communicate and engage business and community leaders
- Proven ability and commitment to work collaboratively with other leaders and staff
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and administrative skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain high functioning teams
- Proven ability to effectively manage staff and finances
- Proven ability to follow and implement direction provided by the Executive Director and Church Board and,
- Possess contemporary computer skillsets
Please send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.