Rock Point is proud to call the Town of Queen Creek its home. Located just 35 miles southeast of Phoenix, Queen Creek offers an exceptional climate (with 330 days of sunshine annually), natural recreational activities and a relaxed lifestyle. Queen Creek's approximately 31,000 residents enjoy the benefits of small-town living close to a metropolitan area. Rock Point also borders the cities of Chandler and Gilbert. Gilbert is the 2nd safest city and the 7th happiest city in America. In the next decade, Gilbert’s population is expected to reach 330,000.
Rock Point Church is a vibrant and growing church that owns 37+ acres of land in Queen Creek. Currently, the church is in the design phase to construct its second campus building, which will include a new 1,350 seat worship center and new/renovated Youth facility.
Rock Point’s Student Ministry has experienced incredible growth over the past few years. The High School Ministry has grown from 40+ to over 200 students in the past 2 ½ years. The Middle School Ministry is currently averaging 150+ students involved in their weekend services.
Currently, Rock Point has one of the most unique opportunities in the entire state: Casteel High School (7-12th grade) is right next to our church. This school will have over 3,000 students attending and is already a current athletic powerhouse in the state. We have already built a phenomenal relationship with the school, partnering with their choir program, athletic teams, and faculty. We currently offer a Seminary for their high school students and an after-school program.
We believe we are in an unbelievable position for incredible growth and immediate impact for Jesus.
The Director, Student Communities oversees all aspects of Communities (small groups) and Leadership (volunteer leaders) across student ministries: 4th-12th grades. This includes developing, implementing, and improving the vision and mission for Community Life within all three student ministries, and being overseeing Community Life for all three student ministries. This will occur under the umbrella of each respective student ministry director. This also includes developing, implementing, and improving the vision and mission for Leaders within all three student ministries. Finally his position will oversee the discipling of leaders for all three ministries, under the direction of each respective student ministry director.
The Director of Student Communities is responsible for recruiting volunteers, leading adult and student leaders, developing curriculum (both for Communities and Leadership Development), and working directly alongside all three Student Pastors.
Classification: Exempt, Salary // Status: Full-Time (40 Hours/Week) // Team: Student Ministries // Supervisor: Lead Director of Students and Kids, Jeff Larson
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity and character as an example for students/adults to follow;
- Agree/Align with the vision, values and doctrinal statement of Rock Point Church;
- Demonstrate C4 Leadership (Calling, Competency, Character, Commitment);
- Willingness to engage with students and volunteer leaders;
- Ability to bring creativity and artistry to the group environments;
- Self-motivated, not needing micromanagement, yet love to live life with a team;
- Passionate about discipleship and leadership development;
- Oversee and implement all Community Life for Preteen, Middle School, and High School Ministries. (Weekends and Wednesday/Sunday nights);
- Grow communities through discipleship, intentionality, and environments;
- Organize and execute community structure for all student ministries;
- Develop all volunteer leaders in the PreTeen, Middle School, and High School ministry;
- Facilitate all trainings for all volunteer leaders in the PreTeen, Middle School, and High School ministry; and
- Responsible for being the primary discipler for the leaders as it pertains to student ministries’ leadership.
To perform the job successfully, individual should demonstrate the following:
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectively and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
REQUIRED CRITICAL SKILLS, TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- Ministry experience working with children or students in a large church (at least 1,000 people) environment;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent church experience;
- Proven track record of discipleship, development, and high leadership capacity; and
- Completion of Rock Point’s Pastoral Call process.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading a Student Ministry in a church of at least 2,000 people;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ministry related field;
- Working knowledge of Planning Center Online and/or Church Community Builder;
- Experience recruiting, training and leading a high-octane volunteer team;
- Experience planning and facilitating trainings, large events and retreats; and
- Experience managing a ministry budget.
- Model Biblical understanding and maintain a consistent personal devotional life;
- Model Biblical commitment and remain a Rock Point covenant member in good standing;
- Model Biblical family life before the body and regularly attend worship service with your family;
- Model Biblical integrity and conduct personal life in a manner consistent with RPC core values;
- Model Biblical community; and
- Model Biblical generosity and financially support Rock Point Church
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student PastorM1 Church
- McLeansboro, Illinois
- January 16
Pastor, Adult Groups - Madison CampusPinelake Church
- Madison, Mississippi
- January 16
High School PastorPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- January 16
Youth PastorFirst Baptist Church Elkhart
- Bristol, Indiana
- January 16
Associate PastorEaton First Church of God
- Eaton, Ohio
- January 16
Rock Point Church
Rock Point exists to point people to Jesus, by loving people like Jesus. We are committed to being a church where people are completely accepted, regardless of the issues they may be facing. Rock Point is a vibrant and growing church, averaging over 2,500 people each week. Currently, we’re in the planning and design phase to construct our second building on campus, which will include a new 1,350 seat worship center.More...