Profile: The Worship Arts Pastor will is called to lead people to Christ and to live out the greatness of God through worship in every day life. As chief worshipper, the Creative Arts Pastor provides leadership and direction for all of
our venues by integrating music, media and the arts in order to develop hearts for Christ and call the Church to reach the community and the world with the gospel.
Creative Arts Pastor possesses:
- Deep love for Jesus Christ and people from all walks and backgrounds.
- A heart for those who are far from God and searching for their spiritual significance in Him.
- Passion for music, the role it plays in worship and for instilling worship as a 24/7 pursuit.
- Conviction to play to those yet to be in the seats over those in the seats.
- Leadership abilities that thrive in a team based environment.
- Ability to balance reverence and culture yet appreciate the liturgy of the past to create one for today.
- Thorough knowledge of expressions of today and a vision for the songs and musicians of tomorrow.
- An ability to create a transcendent atmosphere and journey that is comfortable to the unchurched.
- Technical skills in using music, video, media and the arts across multiple venues.
- Desire to network with artist and creative people at large for development and contextual relevance.
- A desire and ability to scout and recruit artist, musicians and vocalist.
- A heart to develop musicians and network with leaders in order to continually mature and expand the influence of his ministry and that of his team.
- Partner with Director of Communications and Creative Team to brainstorm creative arts components for use in weekend worship experience,
- Lead Creative Arts Teams in the planning, production and execution of all weekend worship experience elements across all venues.
- Provide musical arrangements for weekend worship.
- Continually develop and oversee all weekend worship experience teams.
- Recruit, develop and schedule volunteers as needed across the ministry.
- Develop an annual ministry plan and budget for the Creative Arts Ministry.
- Identify, mentor and empower emerging worship leaders, vocalist, videographers and media techs.
- Coordinate and oversee additional creative arts activities as needed for church wide events & services.
- Review and approve all projected media for all main services (videos, pre-rolls, ProPresenter, etc.)
- Lead and develop video production from scripting, directing, story telling, and editing to final product.
- Recruit and empower volunteers to serve in their gifting, such as graphics, web and videography.
- Perform sacerdotal functions as assigned (weddings, funerals, communion, baptisms).
- Design and implement effective strategies for community awareness of Northeast in our community,
- A mature believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel and the ability to clearly communicate it.
- Deep commitment to spiritual integrity, moral purity and healthy relationships.
- High level of musical proficiency with passion for contemporary worship with artistic excellence.
- Minimum of three years experience in leading contemporary corporate worship.
- A history of impactful leadership in leading worship and developing teams.
- Proficiency in multiple instruments with an ability to read and write musical arrangements.
- High level of knowledge in lighting, sound and presentation software; able to assist in the training and execution of these elements as needed.
- Expertise in software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro and other video production software.
- Self-aware with a teachable spirit, responsive attitude and always seeking to self develop.
- Minimum of one year experience in leading paid staff and teams.
- Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture to include mentoring with wisdom and grace.