Do you love ushering people into the presence of God and being in a church that is growing, with a staff that is aligning towards the mission of reaching our community? Do you desire to honor God’s Kingdom, help other staff members and church leaders grow
our believers in worship and reach beyond the walls of our church?
If so, then we would love to have you apply here at Shady Grove Wesleyan Church, a church of 550-600 with two campuses, two different styles of worship and a beautiful rich history. Located in the heart of North Carolina, Colfax is close to the mountains
and close to the beaches. Shady Grove is not a perfect church, but God is doing mighty things and we are excited about what the Lord has ahead for Shady Grove and the community we still need to reach.
Shady Grove Wesleyan Church is seeking a Worship Pastor that will focus on leadership, the development and enhancement of a spirit and life of worship for the congregation through worship, music, and the technical ministry of Shady Grove Wesleyan, in a manner
that enables it to effectively and efficiently fulfill the overall mission.
1) Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. Training in leadership and management helpful. (Comparable vocational training and life experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis).
2) Experience: Two to five years of leadership experience in worship, media, and creative arts
3) Requirements: Affirmation of mission, vision, values and beliefs of Shady Grove Wesleyan Church and The Wesleyan Church.
4) Required Skill: Proficiency with at least one musical instrument, reading music, and leading multiple worship styles. Strong vocal ability, and proven team leader, self motivator and extra-mile-type person. Must be willing to grow and develop
others to be like Christ ad develop their skill more that your own.
5) Additional Skills: Knowledgeable with Planning Center, knowledgeable in leading mid-size worship bands and worship teams, ability to mobilize volunteers. Willingness to allow the Holy Spirit to move freely in services and keep challenging our
church to do the same.
Develop and implement a strategy for deepening the heart of worship both individually and corporately through weekly high-quality, passionate worship services, special events, and the overall music program. This includes:
1) Overseeing worship services and overall music program, including technical ministries and choir.
2) Worship Leader and Worship Team Development
3) Utilizing all facets of the arts
To apply for this position, please send cover letter, resume, and links of you leading worship to email@example.com.