The Director of Care and Prayer Ministry nurtures the community of Faith through care and prayer programs.
Essential Functions –
- Oversee the following ministries: Prayer, Visitation, Stephen’s Ministry, Mealtime Ministry and Heroes Care
- Be available for disciples in times of personal crisis to determine appropriate avenues of care available
- Identify and invest in relationships of people who have a passion and gift for care ministry
- Provide coordination and direction regarding the day-to-day execution of the ministry
- Recruit and train prayer warriors
- Develop and maintain the ongoing prayer list
- Recruit and train disciples for Visitation Ministries: Homebound, Hospital and Outreach
- Supervise the Stephen’s Leader and assist when needed with the Stephen’s Ministry (being a Stephen Minister/Leader is not required)
- Assist the Mealtime Ministry Coordinator with identifying persons in need of meals for a short time
Must be a committed disciple of Jesus Christ
Must be able to commit to the mission, vision and values of Faith.
Ability to work independently, and as a team member with using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
Excellent oral and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
Ability to exercise flexibility within working responsibilities or environment.
Desire to continuously learn and serve others.
Caring heart and desire to help those who are hurting and broken.
Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively and proactively.
Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Highly organized, administrative and dependable; Microsoft Office; Specific training.
This is a part-time position which reports to the Lead Pastor, and includes a salary commensurate with experience, potential, and time committed. Send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org