The Director of Disciple Connections assists the congregation in developing disciples by connecting them to the ministries of Faith, and serving opportunities.
Essential Functions –
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers for all greeting/hospitality ministries which include:
- Welcome Center hosts
- Parking ministry
- Door greeters
- Guest escorts
- Have a process to follow guests from initial welcome through acceptance of mission partnership
- Create a welcoming environment by intentional placement of special displays in the Gathering Place
- Responsible for a point person on worship days in Gathering Place to welcome people and assist with needs
- Respond to inquiries for connection
- Prepare the Gathering Place for worship
- Coordinate and lead new Mission Partner information events.
Basic Qualifications -
Must be a committed disciple of Jesus Christ
Must be able to commit to the mission, vision and values of Faith Lutheran Church.
Has passion and energy for connecting with people.
Have the ability to work independently, and as a team member with using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
Excellent oral and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
Ability to exercise flexibility within working responsibilities or environment.
Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretionary judgment with noted ability to make sound decisions.
Highly organized, administrative and dependable; Microsoft Office; Specific training.
This is a full time position which reports to the Lead Pastor, and includes salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org