Title: Media Director
Responsible to: Music Director, Senior Pastor
Purpose: Produce the best possible atmosphere for worship through sound reinforcement. This includes, but is not limited to, creating the best music mix possible, creating an audio mix that meets the mood the pastor/worship leader wants
to convey, and supporting the audio needs of the people involved with the church service. Ultimately, glorify God through providing excellent audio services.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
1. A heart for worshiping God.
2. Able to work in a team settings and take directions.
3. Has experience mixing audio successfully in the live environment
4. Willing to attend training sessions and read/watch other training material for improving existing skills.?
5. Ability to coordinate and train volunteer team. ?
6. Digital Audio Consoles X32, M32 etc..., Personal IEM’s, Live-Stream production, multi-camera video production and post editing, website management, sermon graphics, pre-service video announcements, stage set design, church social media management, graphic
Length of Service: 6-month minimum, 1 year preferred to provide continuity to this very visible ministry.
1. Set up stage for musicians.
2. Perform proper line check with batteries in mics for Sunday morning and Wednesday night rehearsal etc…
3. Perform proper sound check; includes gain settings, monitor mixes, proper volume settings, and the eq/mixing process.
4. Check with worship leader and pastor for schedule and any schedule changes.
5. Perform sound check of live-stream mix and readiness.
6. Confirm camera is operating normally.
1. Responsible for adjusting sound levels during service as needed.
2. Responsible for following worship leader’s direction and musician’s direction during services. For example, boosting monitor levels.
3. Responsible for recording the service.
4. Responsible for following stage and schedule cues.
5. Responsible for adjusting sound levels on the live stream mix as needed.
6.. Responsible for providing a distraction-free service as it relates to audio production.
1.Talk with the band to find out if issues existed for them during service.
2. Note any broken/faulty equipment and take it out of service if possible.
- Post video editing clips for social media sites.
- Assist in managing church website, social media sites, print media, and graphic arts.
- Create pre-service announcement videos, sermon graphics, stage set designs.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Any other duties as assigned, as time permits.
Sunday mornings 9:00am-12:30pm. (Rehearsal is from 9:30am-10:30am)
Wednesday evenings 5:00pm-8:30pm (Rehearsal 5:30pm-6:15pm)
***Preferred office hours Monday and Tuesday 9:00am-1:00pm, (although these hours can be negotiable) ***
- Church time requirements will be (7) hours per week.
- Office hours requirement will be (8) hours per week.
- Flex time hours (5) **These hours are paid regardless if worked or not, this helps offset any time that may be needed outside of the church or office time listed above, but will be compensated for every week**
- Total Weekly Hours (20)
- Office with new IMac, personal MacBook Pro
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year
- Paid expenses to a personal development conference, workshop etc…
- $20,800.00 (20 hour work week, only 8 hours office hours required.)
Obviously, this compensation will grow as the church grows and time requirements are increased for the Media Director.