Friends Community Church
620 W. Lambert Rd. Church Ministry Administrator
Brea, CA 92821 (714) 529-3114 www.fccbrea.org
The Church Ministry Administrator (CMA) is responsible for assisting church members and staff to achieve the church’s mission objectives through a variety of ministries. The church office is the hub of communication and requires people and office administration skills, organizational skills, clerical skills, and an ownership of supporting ministries. The CMA works directly with the entire office and pastoral staff, manages ministry information and events, phone calls and other office procedures.
- Administrative and organizational skills required. Applicants must be proficient in computer skills and systems. Most importantly, this person needs to have a heart for serving God and the people of Friends Community Church.
- Provides administrative support to the associate pastors and ministry leaders for Children’s, Youth, Adults and Senior Ministries
- Gives general support to the weekday operation of the church office
- Provides clerical assistance to church staff and ministries as needed
- Ensure compliance and implementation of policies put in place by leadership
- Participates in weekly staff meetings
- Assists with special events for Children’s, Youth, Adult and Senior Ministries
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A committed Christian and a regular participant in the life of a Christian church, though not necessarily at Friends Community Church
- A commitment to good interpersonal relationships, teamwork and support of church ministries, and a pleasant personality
- Can conceptualize his/her administrative and managerial work as ministry and verbalize the function of the job as ministry
- Is responsible for fostering effective communication throughout the various church ministries
- The ability to manage a consensus decision-making process
- Proficient in computer skills and computer systems, including word processing, electronic communication software, and membership software. Competent to handle multiple phone lines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and follow-through on assignments, deadlines and office surroundings
- A commitment to confidentiality regarding all records of the church, staff, and the members
- Two years of increasingly responsible office or secretarial experience.
- The church ministry administrator reports to the associate pastor.
EVALUATION AND COMPENSATION
- The church administrator will receive semiannual performance reviews by the associate pastor as head of staff. Compensation is reviewed annually by the senior pastor and the church Elder Board.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Ministry Assistant to the Director of Pastoral CareSugar Creek Baptist Church
- Sugar Land, Texas
- January 9
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- December 30
Teacher, Pastor, Missionary, StaffOlive International School
- Beijing, Not Assigned
- August 23
Friends Community Church
Friends Community Church is a Friends church in Brea, California. We are a growing church, who just celebrated 11 years. Our goal is to discipline individuals, couples, families, youth, and children to Love God and Love People. More...