Purpose: To further the vision and ministry goals of ChristChurch Presbyterian and lead the business and operations management of the church. Direct and manage various teams facilitating healthy relationships, maintaining
good financial systems, maximizing the use of information systems, maintaining the building, project managing large events and overseeing recruiting with the senior pastor. Overall helping to make ChristChurch a welcoming church and a place where people feel
connected and cared for. This position does not require ordination.
Description: Responsible for all business operations including staff and facilities management, vendor coordination and organization of church calendar.
Responsible for financial activities including accounting, financial statements, budget and payroll administration. Oversee management of all revenue, expenses, accounting procedures, payroll systems, and personnel benefit packages.
- Lead staff including direct reports and pastoral staff in administrative operations and management needs of the church.
- Supervise and oversee financial, facility, and information systems personnel.
- Recruit as appropriate and manage lay members responsible for activities such as Sunday morning hospitality duties.
- Maintain job descriptions and provide role and responsibility clarification.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for business operations including general weekly operations internally and use of building by outside organizations.
- Lead communications and develop general communications protocol with and among all staff members and ministries to drive efficiency.
- Serve as staff liaison for the deacons and attend their meetings.
- Attend session meetings as requested.
- Communicate and coordinate across multiple leadership groups.
- Oversee selection of software for church database, calendars, financial accounting, web site and other web-based products.
- Oversee all applicable state and national checks for staff appointments, child protection and vulnerable adults. Act as reporting officer for the institution.
- Provide project management on large events such as retreats, conferences and other special events.
- Coordinate facility banners and communications.
- Oversee parking arrangements for church events.
- Oversee contract vendors such as coffee house and kitchen co-op.
- Manage all financial accounting and contribution systems.
- Coordinate budget preparation, monthly financial reporting to staff and all accounting procedures.
- Facilitate the meetings of the finance committee as requested by the chairman.
- Oversee all communication and reporting to donors.
- Launch all online giving, online registration and other online methods.
- Design general ledger chart of accounts and administrate fund accounting system.
- Negotiate all bank financing for new construction, renovation, and refinance.
- Manage payroll systems, related reports and administer employee benefit packages in the areas of health, life, disability and retirement.
- Administer fund raising campaigns and supervise the tracking of gift pledges.
- Execute the handling of special gifts of stocks/property.
- Establish key internal financial controls and financial procedures.
- Supervise annual CPA audit and implement changes.
· Administer the filing and updating of legal & corporate documents.
- Financial or Accounting degree
- CPA or advanced business degree
- Experience with Fund Accounting for non-profits.
- Experience working with different leadership groups.
3. Experience working with QuickBooks.
- Good steward of own finances
- Preserve Confidentiality
- People Management
- Strategy and Leadership
- Analytical Ability
- Organization Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Computer Skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Compatible and agreeable to ChristChurch’s vision.
Attend ChristChurch worship weekly.
Applications By 8th February 2017. Start soonest possible.