PASTOR OF DISCIPLESHIP AND ADMINISTRATION
The role of the Pastor of Discipleship and Administration is to assist the Lead Pastor in overseeing the life and direction of the church under the direction of the Elder Board. This Pastor must demonstrate a practical and integrated Biblical understanding
and possess the ability to teach, preach and train. We are seeking a person with a demonstrated passion for and effectiveness at both discipleship and administration.
The person who will fill this position must embrace the Beliefs, Values and Vision of Grace Church. Trustworthiness, integrity and effectiveness are essential characteristics sought in this pastor.
The Pastor of Discipleship and Administration will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and oversee the discipleship ministry for Grace Church and the community of Tracy.
- Matthew 28:16-20 - “Go and Make Disciples” - Be passionate about building teams to organize, oversee and develop small groups and disciples who make disciples in the Grace Church Family.
- Recruit, train, equip and empower new (small group) Life Group Leaders for Grace Church and create a ministry team to assist with the growth. Regular training sessions and care of Life Group Leaders is essential.
- Develop new ideas and ways of assisting new Christians in their spiritual growth and helping them become mature functioning participants in the ministry and small group life.
- Oversee and develop the Welcome Ministry Team (Greeting, Parking, Ushering and Hospitality team leaders) creating unity of mission, values and practices for the Hispanic and English congregations of Grace Church
- Be an active part of the preaching team, typically preaching 8-14 times a year
- Serves as the chief financial officer providing oversight and direction in the large variety of financial functions of the church, including security and control of contributions and expenses, various insurance programs (facility and personnel), leases,
salary & rate reviews, budget
- development & presentation for Board and Church approvals, legal and human relations issues.
- Oversight and leadership responsibilities of the office staff.
- Oversight of the campus maintenance, usage policies & practices.
- Oversight of campus development to ensure future facility acquisitions and expansions are consistent with the vision and values that drive Grace Church’s ministry strategy.
- Ensures that the church’s technology infrastructure creates efficiencies and allows for continued ministry growth and innovations.
- Will be the primary contact with the various City of Tracy officials, neighborhood businesses and residences.