Children’s Ministry Director
Church of the Beloved: Seattle (www.thebelovedseattle.org) is a growing church plant that has been in existence for close to 3 years. We meet in the city of Renton, WA and we have a heart to reach our community with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Our church’s
mission statement is: We exist to see the gospel transform people into Spirit-filled disciples, who know they are the beloved of God, because of Christ
We are affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to work part-time (20 hour) as the Children’s Ministry Director, or full-time with a combo position as an Administrative Assistant. Our ministry consists of approximately 45 children, (2 yr old to 5th
grade) and 10 adult, volunteer teachers that serve on a bi-weekly rotation.
The Children’s Ministry Director will be responsible for:
1) Coordinating/scheduling a serving calendar for the volunteer teachers.
2) Leading the Children’s Worship and giving a weekly message.
3) Recruiting and training volunteers (once a year) and equipping them with curriculum and necessary materials.
4) Meeting with the staff on a weekly basis.
5) Coordinating events (i.e., VBS, family retreats, pool parties, etc.) with the help of the pastoral staff.
Qualifications for the Children’s Ministry Director role are:
1) Bachelor’s Degree is required (degree in education or ministry-related field is preferred but not necessary)
2) 1-2 years of work experience (In a church/admin/school setting preferred but not necessary)
3) Strong administrative and communication skills
4) Experience working with children
5) Must be able to work and collaborate with other staff and volunteers
6) Submit to the Southern Baptist Faith and Message.
Competitive package, dependent on education and experience.
If you are interested in this position, email your resume to Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org.