Job Title: Middle School Ministries Director
Reports To: Student Ministries Pastor
Category: Exempt; Full-Time, Salaried
The Cornerstone Ministries’ - Middle School Ministries Director, under the guidance and in cooperation with the Student Ministries Pastor, is responsible for visioning, planning, administering, coordinating, supervising and evaluating the main components
of our 6-12th grade Student Ministries.
- Provide servant leadership in helping to support and fulfill the mission, vision, objectives and goals of the church.
- Commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- Loyal to Cornerstone Ministries, the Pastors and staff.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Christian living, espouse a Christian philosophy of life, and belief in the Christian Church and her teachings in accordance with Cornerstone’s stated policies and beliefs.
- Assist others to cultivate intimacy with God and growth in Christ-like character through personal and corporate personal disciplines.
- Assist in conveying Cornerstone’s message and carrying out its mission and leading others toward Christian maturity.
- Provide leadership in helping to support and fulfill the mission, vision, core values and goals of the church.
Student Ministry Duties:
- Assist the Pastor of Student Ministries in the implementation of an all-encompassing Student Ministries program that coincides with Cornerstone Ministries’ values, objectives, and culture.
- Communicate the vision, goals and direction of the student ministry to the students, parents, and volunteers under the direction of the Student Ministries Pastor.
- Provide care, counseling, and spiritual direction to students.
- Partner with parents to.
- Responsible for ministry to students in the church grades 6-12.
- Help them realize God’s vision for their child.
- Help them produce students who authentic Disciples of Christ.
- Help them guide their child to reach others for Christ with the purpose of evangelism and discipleship.
- Develop age appropriate outreach and discipleship ministries for local area students.
- Identify and create ministry opportunities for students by develop and promote vital ministry moments through small groups, mid-week gatherings, and weekend services.
- Ensure an effective discipleship ministry for students.
- Create, organize, and lead effective evangelistic outreach events targeting local middle and high school students.
- Assist in scheduling, planning, and coordinating large group services, weekend retreats, mission’s trips, summer camp etc.
- Evaluate existing ministries to determine their effectiveness.
- Recommend and implement changes to increase ministry effectiveness.
- Provide care for 6-12 grade students/families, and volunteer leaders/families as needed.
- Recruit, equip, train, support, lead and value volunteer leaders to serve in Cornerstone Student Ministries.
- Develop systems to equip volunteers according to Cornerstone’s Equipping standards.
- Continually monitor opportunities to involve volunteers in ministry functions within the Student Ministry.
- Develop a clear process for welcoming, equipping and utilizing volunteer teams.
- Engage volunteers in development opportunities through workshops, seminars, and other churches.
- Work with the Student Ministries Pastor in the development of the annual ministry budget.
- Adhere to financial guidelines and approved budget.
Education, Skills, Requirements, and Preferences:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, ministry related preferred.
- Active member of Cornerstone Ministries within 6 months of hire date.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel; prior use of a Church Management database helpful.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for relating to church staff and congregation.
- Self-motivating attitude. (I.e. First to arrive and last to leave mindset. Choosing effectiveness over activity.)
- Ability to meet prescribed goals as established by the Student Ministries Pastor and church as a whole.
- Prompt and efficient.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Graphic design skills preferred, but not required.
- Video shooting and editing skills preferred, but not required.
- Cleared Adult through Cornerstone’s Safe Place for Kids! Policy.
- Model the highest Christian virtues and personal decorum. (I Timothy 4:12).