FULL-TIME (Salary: Commensurate with FBC Dexter Size and Candidate’s Experience)
Location: Dexter, MO
First Baptist Church of Dexter is excited to announce an opening for a Senior Pastor. FBC Dexter is prayerfully seeking a Senior Pastor who is called by God, committed to prayer and personal devotion to the Lord, and upholds Biblical doctrine in accordance
with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
The role of the Senior Pastor at FBC Dexter is threefold. First, he should fill the pulpit by preaching and teaching in accordance with sound doctrine. Secondly, he should shepherd the congregation and community by exhibiting love and concern for others. Finally,
he should serve as an effective leader for support staff and ministry leaders.
With a congregation averaging over 400 in attendance on Sunday mornings, FBC Dexter eagerly anticipates welcoming a new Senior Pastor.
Please feel free to send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as received and accepted until the position is filled.
1. Provide Spiritual Leadership
• Have a heart for God
• Be a shepherd to the church, teaching them to love one another by example
• Provide Bible based sermons
• Be a man with God’s vision, not being afraid to dream and act on faith
• Take a strong, spiritual stand on social issues
• Embrace doctrine in accordance with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
2. Provide Pastoral Leadership
• Visit church members and organize visitation and outreach to church members and the unchurched using other staff members and church lay people as needed
• Counsel members and others in times of crisis
• Provide leadership and vision to staff in a congenial spirit of teamwork
• Be involved with all age groups of the church, having a heart for everyone
• Get involved in community activities
• Train, organize, and lead members in witnessing to unchurched persons
3. Provide Administrative Leadership
• Lead in developing church programs
• Plan monthly and annual calendar activities with the help of other staff members