For over 100 years, our church has offered relevant worship and teaching, vibrant ministries for young people, and opportunities to serve others. With a desire to glorify God and expand His work, we envision our church as multigenerational, multicultural
Mission and Calling:
The Pastor of Care Ministries will oversee the church’s care ministries by recruiting, training and developing new leaders, while supporting current leaders. This Pastor will be responsible for evaluating current and future care needs in a large congregation/community
and developing leaders and programs to support those needs. The Pastor of Care Ministries will also be a liaison for all women’s programs & ministries.
- Organize, recruit, train, oversee and offer continued support to the leaders who provide pastoral care to the church family and its surrounding community, including Diaconate, Stephen Ministry, GriefShare and Celebrate Recovery groups.
- Connect and integrate visitation & pastoral care ministries into the regular life and experience of the church family.
- Recruit, train, and provide support for care group leaders.
- Oversee debriefing and support for recovery and other support group leaders.
- Organize, recruit, train and oversee leaders who provide comprehensive bereavement support for the church and its community, including the oversight of funerals and memorial services.
- Strategize and coordinate training and cooperation in Crisis Intervention for emergency needs of the church and the surrounding community.
Counseling Care Triage:
- Provide support to pastoral staff in assessing care needs of congregation and community, including maintaining connections with local counselors and resources.
- Assess and facilitate pastoral care needs and support through: pastoral care triage, pastor on-call scheduling and weekly prayer request forms.
- Develop and organize a lay counseling ministry.
- Organize, recruit, train and oversee leaders who facilitate individual and group premarital counseling.
- Be a committed Jesus follower with a lifestyle and reputation of Christian faithfulness.
- Be in agreement with the Mission, Values and Core Beliefs of our church.
- Have a high level of self-awareness and commitment to continual, relational growth.
- Demonstrate Christ-centered living (1 Peter 1:15-16, 1 Timothy 3:1–7; Titus 1:5–9), honesty, confidence, teachability, humility (Philippians 2:5-7), patience and commitment in working with others (James 1:4).
- Have the conviction, passion, and giftedness to equip Christians for ministry (Ephesians 4:12).
- Seminary degree in Pastoral Care or related ministry and 5 years of experience in a church setting.
- Demonstrate an understanding of counseling modalities & techniques and know how they integrate with biblical teaching and other world views.
- Have effective people skills, ability to communicate to/in large group congregational settings, small group formats and one-on-one relationships.
- Demonstrate a desire and ability to represent, consider the needs of, and be an advocate for the marginalized, vulnerable and unspoken for members of the body of Christ and the church.
Reporting: Reports to the Executive Pastor.
Time Commitment: 40 hours per week.
Salary: Compensation based on experience.
Please do not email us directly. We prefer that all applicants apply through the Church Staffing website.