Name/Position: Groups and Equipping Pastor
Date: January 2017
Position Status: Full time Exempt
Typical Weekly Work Schedule:
Mission: To help people connect relationally and grow spiritually
by engaging in the Ultimate Journey of being changed and used by Christ.
- To increase participation in GFC groups.
- To help people move from disconnection to connection within our church.
- To develop and retain leaders.
- Provide direction and oversight for groups and equipping ministry.
- In collaboration with the Executive Leadership Team, develop outcomes, guiding principles and core strategies/outputs for groups at GFC. This should include scope and definitions.
- Create and manage systems and processes that ensure ongoing environments for growth in the Ultimate Journey through groups.
- Ensure that leaders are developed and deployed.
- Ensure group leaders receive care and coaching.
- In collaboration with the ExLT, develop outcomes, guiding principles, and core strategies/outputs for equipping and leadership development that integrates with other core ministries including groups. This includes definition and scope.
- Implement and manage the above mentioned philosophy.
- Execute current equipping strategies to complete this initial cycle of core classes.
- Pastoral availability as needed for pastoral conversations, shepherding, and guidance.
- Conduct weddings, funerals, or other pastoral needs as requested, needed, or as schedule allows.
- Respond positively to other duties or needs as assigned.
- Theological training.
- Bachelor’s degree required. M.Div. or equivalent preferred.
- 3 years of groups ministry leadership or the equivalent preferred.
- Pastoral giftedness.
- Takes initiative to anticipate needs.
- Submits to leadership and aligns with strategic goals.
- Influence and persuade for forward movement and unity.
- Effective leadership and execution of details.
- Advance planning and critical decision making.
- Positive relational working connections.
- Ordained minister or eligible for ordination.
- Clear, consistent, communication.
- Trust in Jesus Christ as personal Savior.
- Demonstrates personal maturity in pursuing spiritual growth.
- Relationally healthy with maturity in handling conflict and complexities.
- Attends and supports GFC.
- Models standards and expectations of leaders within GFC.
- Fully affirm GFC doctrinal statement.
We believe in...
The only true God, the almighty Creator of all things,
existing eternally in three persons
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
The unique divine inspiration,
and authority of the Bible.
The dignity and brokenness of all people
created in God’s image to live in love and holiness,
but alienated from God and each other because of our sin and guilt,
and justly subject to God’s wrath.
Jesus Christ, fully human and fully divine
who lived a perfect life,
who took upon Himself the judgment due sinners on the cross,
who was bodily raised from the dead,
and ascended as Savior and Lord.
which is a free gift given immediately and permanently
to all who, wholly apart from any works,
put their faith in Jesus Christ alone.
The Holy Spirit
who indwells each believer at the moment of faith
in order to glorify Christ by changing and using us
for the building up of the church.
which includes all true believers in Christ,
is distinct from Israel,
is organized locally,
and overseen by elders.
anticipating the coming of Christ for His church at any moment,
followed by the examination of believers for the purpose of rewards,
the physical return of Christ to establish His kingdom on earth,
the final judgment of unbelievers,
and the creation of a new heaven and new earth
all to the eternal glory of God.