Anthem Kids Director
The role of the Anthem Kids Director is to oversee the ministry strategy for children from birth through fourth grade at Anthem Church under the direction and leadership of the Next Gen. Director. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and
strategy of Anthem Church and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision, and values. The Anthem Kids Director will partner with parents to lead kids to a genuine sense of belonging, involvement, and spiritual growth at Anthem
Church. The Anthem Kids Director will facilitate the relational connection and spiritual growth of kids through weekend environments, special events, and volunteer teams.
The primary purpose of this role is for the Anthem Kids Director to equip and empower volunteers to help kids Follow Jesus + Share His Story.
Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of Anthem Church. The Anthem Kids Director should represent a growing relationship with Christ. The Anthem Kids Director models a strong relationship with his or her spouse (if married) and children
(if applicable). The Anthem Kids Director strives to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships and actions. These objectives are accomplished by:
- Continuing to grow in love for Jesus, devotion to the scriptures, and committing to personal prayer life and daily quiet time with the Lord.
- Setting appropriate boundaries with time and relationships to protect character and integrity.
- Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Supporting the ministries of Anthem Church by faithfully giving at least 10% of income (tithing).
- Adhering to and encompassing the qualities and characteristics required of leaders in the Church, as defined by 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
- Honoring your fellow staff members, protecting their reputation, and remaining loyal to team decisions.
- Participating in the life of our church through membership and the six G’s (grace, growth, groups, gifts, giving, and going).
- Attending and contributing to all church wide events.
Leadership Development (Personal and Volunteers):
It will be critically important for the Anthem Kids Director to continuously develop as a spiritual leader. Success in this role will be best accomplished by prioritizing an investment in ministry leaders who, in turn, influence the children. Responsible
for creating an environment that recruits, develops and empowers children’s ministry leaders:
- Inspiring, recruiting, training, appreciating, encouraging, coaching, and investing in Anthem Kids ministry leaders and volunteers.
- Meeting with your leaders and volunteer teams to communicate vision and define wins for Anthem Kids on a regular basis.
- Organizing, managing the schedule, and training volunteers.
- Managing and implementing the church policies and procedures for the Children’s Ministry.
- Finding ways to multiply your impact through volunteers.
- Ensuring that the children’s ministry team answers questions and provides remarkable
service and hospitality to parents and kids on a consistent basis.
- Building structures and systems that lead people from being participants to contributors and then contributors to leaders.
- Preparing, managing, and being accountable for ministry budget.
- Championing the children’s ministries leadership development strategy.
- Having weekly one on one meetings with the Next Gen. Director to share victories/ challenges, updates, progress, feedback, etc.
- Attending weekly staff meetings.
- Regularly participating in staff/ leader growth plan and committing to personally growing as a leader.
The Anthem Kids Director is responsible for providing vision, passion, and leadership to our children’s ministry. They are responsible for creating programs that provide engaging experiences and life-changing environments for children.
- Connecting with new families and their kids and help equip church parents to minister to their kids during the week and take next steps in their faith journey.
- Selecting and preparing relevant curriculum, props, and games for weekend experiences in both large and small group settings.
- Ensuring that check-in areas, ministry spaces, and signage are clear, current, and focused on new kids and their families.
- Creating and organizing the large group worship experience.
- Providing insight and direction for big picture programming and creative planning processes.
Special Events / Other Responsibilities:
The Anthem Kids Director is responsible for championing any special events (outside of Sunday morning) our children’s ministry puts on.
- Scheduling, organizing, planning any special events related to children’s ministry (ex: Christmas program, VBS, Kids Camp, etc.).
- Recruiting and organizing volunteers to help lead children’s ministry special events.
- Executing kids outreach efforts at Anthem Church.