We are looking for a faith-filled and people-centered individual or couple to bring the light of the gospel through church planting in a small town in central Nebraska. The area has a strong Irish-American presence as Irish Immigrants originally settled
it in the 19th century. The area relies on agriculture and jobs in a larger, nearby city. This is an opportunity to do incarnational ministry in a small, rural community. The candidate will seek to develop a faithful, evangelical witness with a
view towards forming a local body of believers of all ages. The candidate will have the opportunity to partner with InFaith’s field director (who is familiar with the area) to develop the ministry, including a mentoring relationship if appropriate. Opportunities
may also exist to establish meaningful partnerships with other ministries/churches in nearby areas. This position requires raising full support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assess, strategize and implement appropriate ministry activities, in order to establish an evangelical church plant
- Plan and lead Bible study groups
- Partner with churches and ministries in the area
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness
- Ability to recognize and strategize for new ministry opportunities as they are presented
- Works well with people
- Ability to recruit, train and lead volunteers
- Ability to raise support
- Knowledge of rural culture, a plus
- Knowledge of Irish American culture, a plus
Education and experience
Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s level ministry degree/M.Div. preferred.
InFaith is a nondenominational mission that enables called and committed followers of Christ to serve with purpose and passion within our nation’s borders. With over 160 field staff serving in 33 states, we use many different ministry methods to achieve
one simple mission: to share Jesus with the people of the United States.