North Way Christian Community is an interdenominational and multi site church of 4000+ members with five campuses in the Pittsburgh, PA area. Each campus is led by an on-site Campus Pastor supported by a leadership team, elders, staff and volunteers.
A Shared Services team supports each campus with business functions and partnership with all ministry areas. Members come from various church backgrounds, but have found common ground in contemporary worship, biblical teaching, and have a strong passion
for following Jesus and for serving our community.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Executive Director of Business Administration for our dynamic and growing church. The successful candidate will serve on the Executive Leadership Team and will
provide direct supervision to the functional leaders of Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Leadership Development and Facilities/Building Development.. The successful candidate will serve alongside
these leaders at various management-level meetings and may also have the opportunity to support and represent these functions in various other circumstances.
General responsibilities of this position by area of responsibility are:
- Finance - Partner with the Finance Director to: Produce monthly financial results and cash flow forecasting; Drive budget process; Manage Finance Council agenda; Coordinate management reporting process (regular
reports, dashboards, Strategic Road Map metrics, etc.); Manage year-end giving process; ; Provide stewardship planning and support for campuses; Ensure legal and policy research and compliance.
- Information Technologies - Partner with the IT Director to: Maintain and execute a five-year rolling technology roadmap; Manage software development via vendor; Develop and execute hardware/cloud strategy.
- Facilities/Building Development - Partner with Director to: Negotiate, review and execute lease and/or purchase of new and existing facilities; Plan and execute new campus launch facilities strategy; Best utilize
and replenish Capital Reserves. Will also actively participate on Safety & Security Council.
- Human Resources - Partner with HR Director to: Conduct performance planning and appraisal process; Drive the Organizational Capability Assessment reporting and execution; Evaluate and maintain salary range
and matrix management; Ensure hiring process properly executed; Ensure legal and policy research and compliance.
- Leadership Development - Build and maintain a leadership development and training structure to include the existing intern program and emerging leader program, and expand to provide ongoing training and development
opportunities for all staff as they develop to their fullest potential.
Our successful candidate will have a minimum of five years of experience in business operations, preferably in a non-profit or church environment, with a Bachelors’ degree in a business-related field (Finance and HR preferred); Previous upper-management
experience with oversight of a team preferred. Proficiency in Windows and/or Mac-based products required. Working knowledge of business functions necessary; General knowledge of IT, building development or management, and/or insurance/risk management strongly
preferred. Candidate must be a team player, good communicator and dedicated to a growing relationship with Christ.