Part Time Position: 20 hours per week
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Salary: $20 to $24 per hour
Education/Training: The Chancel Choir Director is a strong and competent leader. It is preferred that they play the piano. A formal education in music and demonstrated experience working with choral music, choirs or musicians is preferred
for this job. This individual must be a Christian and must consider the job a ministry as well as a profession and have a love and passion for glorifying God through music and worship.
The Chancel Choir Director will select anthems for the chancel choir and conduct rehearsals. The successful applicant will handle administrative tasks, maintain a calendar of events for performances, and recruit new members and work with the pastor in planning
worship services. The Chancel Choir Director shall be able to read music and be familiar with conducting techniques. Proficiency in technology and social media is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct choir during 8:15 and 11:00 service
- Adult choir rehearsal Wednesday evening 7:00 to 8:30
- Maintain music library for the Chancel Choir
- Select hymns that corresponds with and support the sermon
- Select, rehearse, and direct two cantatas per year: Easter and Christmas
- Select, rehearse and direct music for special services: Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Hanging of the Green, and Christmas Eve, and other possible events
- Select anthems for Sunday worship services and as other special services as need
- Coordinate with the senior pastor and church calendar for additional practices and rehearsals for facility availability, for dress rehearsals a day before cantatas and for choir retreats
- Arrange for a substitute
- Ensure that the church is in compliance with CCLI requirements and that reports are submitted as required
- Prepare Chancel Choir budget as required for the Senior Pastor to present to the Finance Committee
- Prepare and submit newsletter articles for Chancel Choir activities
- Sense of humor and patience with volunteer singers
- Will coordinate music with the directors of other music ministries
- Other duties as assigned
- Oversee organists and accompanists
The Chancel Choir Director shall have a college degree in a music related field and formal training in choral conducting techniques concentrating on church and sacred music. The individual should have a minimum of five years of choral directing experience.
We are currently considering full time and part time applicants.