Are you a kid at heart? Do you give out hugs and detailed instructions with ease? Would you be comfortable leading a team? How about a silly song?
Lake Forest Church-Huntersville is seeking an Early Childhood Coordinator who would be passionate about partnering with parents and volunteers to help children discover Jesus and His great love (on Sunday mornings and at special events).
If this is an opportunity that would bring joy and fulfillment to you, continue reading for the complete job description.
Early Childhood Coordinator Job Description
Reports To: Director of Family Ministry Job Title: LFC-Huntersville Early Childhood Coordinator
Employed: Part-time non-exempt (20-25 hrs weekly)
Purpose: The Early Childhood Coordinator will help create a safe ministry that gives kids an opportunity to learn that God made them, God loves them and Jesus wants to be their friend forever. This role will partner with the Family Ministry Director and
the Elementary Coordinator to create a Children’s Ministry focused on loving children and families, and helping them to discover and live out their role in God’s story. The Early Childhood Coordinator will accomplish this by recruiting, training, scheduling
and overseeing volunteer leaders with vision, passion, and creativity, and helping to create and execute an excellent Sunday morning experience each week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Sunday morning programming, overseeing and executing a weekly ministry focused on helping children and their families learn about God and biblical truths in environments that are engaging, creative, age appropriate, dynamic, creative and
- Prepare and manage all scheduling of volunteers.
- Edit curriculum provided (through Orange) and distribute it to volunteers in a timely manner
- Oversee strong vision and excellent execution of Sunday morning children’s ministry that includes engaging large group environment plus relational small group experiences for every child age three - Kindergarten.
- Oversee teams of volunteers as they use their gifts in specific areas of the ministry to include hosts, storytellers and tech.
- Cultivate and maintain a safe, healthy, and positive environment for babies-kindergartners on Sunday mornings.
- Participate in and assist with executing all Children’s Ministry events throughout the year.
- Train and equip volunteers to effectively use the curriculum.
- Communicate effectively to volunteers on a weekly basis regarding Sunday morning assignments.
- Purchase or acquire all supplies needed for weekly activities and events.
- Assist the Family Ministry Director with budgets by overseeing that expenditures are done wisely and within budget guidelines.
- Attend all weekly, monthly, and event planning team meetings.
- Perform all other job-related duties as assigned.
Early Childhood Coordinator Job Description Skills/Qualifications:
- Strong Oral, written communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to both lead teams and delegate.
- Have strong relational skills to lead and interact with volunteers.
- Have interpersonal skills to include being a team player.
- Must be good at time management and have the ability to use technology and multitask.
- Have the ability to engage and lead children and their families toward Christ.
- Be proficient with the use of most common software (Excel, Word, and Pro Presenter).
- Need to be able to lift up to 25lbs, carry small boxes and climb a 4’ ladder.
- Education/Training: Degree: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- College degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimium of two years experience in Children’s Ministry.
- Been a part of leading a successful ministry.
- Proven ability to build and develop terms.
- Large group programming experience a plus.
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to