**PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY (Not the link through Church Staffing) Thanks!**
The Youth Pastor will serve as the leader of students in 6th through 12th grade at Element Church. While all ministries at Element Church will function within the framework of the larger church vision, the Youth Pastor will work closely with the Family Pastor
to implement the vision in a manner relevant to and effective with the student population.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The effective Youth Pastor will assist in creatively designing services to reach lost teenagers as well as build systems to address growth and make disciples. They will achieve the following goals during the first 24 months of work:
- Be able to lead from the platform, but also place heavy emphasis on helping to develop current and future leaders for the ministry.
- Create and share vision for Element YOUTH through the lens of the Vision of Element Church and Pastor Erik Lawson.
- Oversee Implementation of New Volunteers Onboarding Process.
- Communicate for Wednesday Night Element YOUTH Services.
- Create Content for Messages as well as Small Group Curriculum.
- Develop ongoing relationships and leader development with Volunteer Leadership Team.
- Serve as after-hour pastoral support for church members.
- Cast Vision and Create Strategies for Special Events.
- Cast Vision and Create Strategies for Small Groups.
- Create Systems and Strategy for Multi-Site YOUTH Ministry.
- Develop an ongoing Training System for Volunteers and Leaders.
- Develop a YOUTH Leadership Intern Program.
- Develop a Young Adult Ministry.
- Develop a School’s Plan.
- Create an effective Social Media Strategy.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate will have a proven track record or potential of working in a large-church setting committed to reaching the unreached with a high degree of innovation, recruitment, and retention of new members. Proven experience in creative thinking
and problem solving is strongly preferred. A successful work history in communication and leadership is a must.
The effective Youth Pastor will show competency in many areas, but these stand out:
- They will excel in recruiting and leading leaders.
- They will communicate to both students and parents with authenticity, authority, passion and effectiveness.
- They will be reliable in the developing and the implementation of systems, strategies and structures.
- They will have experience in student ministries including 6th grade through college.
- They will work with senior leadership to implement vision and strategies that move the church toward a desired future.
- They will have a determined work ethic.
- A strong, demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ, guided by a commitment to following the principles in the Bible for living a life of thankful service to God.
- A demonstrated high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of ethical principles.
- A life characterized by a willingness to be open, pastored and discipled.
- Chemistry with the Element Church team that “fits.”
- An excessive amount of grace and love for those living far from God.
- A proven track record of being a self-starter, entrepreneur, and goal-oriented worker, with an unusually strong work ethic.
- A proven ability to recruit and retain leaders into student ministries.
- A high-energy spirit with a positive attitude.
- A commitment to equipping staff, members, and key players, and releasing them to do their ministry within appropriate boundaries.
- A team player and team builder who focuses on the good of the entire organization and can inspire others to work together to achieve organizational excellence; one who will serve the vision and mission of Element Church before their own.
- A strong communicator who listens well and is comfortable and effective at all levels of the organization; one who thrives on providing the necessary support for others to succeed.
- An ability to take time to study and understand the culture before making major changes to the organization.
- A strong disposition to believing the best in people.
- An attitude and heart that is constantly positive and life giving.
ELEMENT CHURCH EXPECTATIONS
Attend Element Church weekly, special meetings/conferences, staff-related events, and any other events requested by the Executive Pastor of Worship Arts. Be an active member of Element Church, upholding the Bylaws, core values and belief statements of the
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Due to the nature of this role, a flexible schedule is preferred.
Compensation will be determined based on experience and performance evaluation results.
This job description is intended to describe the general content and requirement for performance of this job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties and work schedules
may be required.