Job Description: Technical and Media Manager
Supervisor: Director of Operations
Employment: Full Time (40 hours/week)
The role of this staff position is to manage the preparation and implementation of all multimedia related worship experiences and special events at New Life Church. This includes but is not limited to Multimedia Team support and hands-on execution as it relates to audio, video, lighting, stage design, graphics and projection systems. The TM will direct the pre-production, rehearsal and live production of weekend experiences and special events as well as the training and development of multimedia staff and volunteers.
It is expected that this employee demonstrates the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ – loving God and loving others, exhibiting a desire to live in relationship with those within the church and without.
Qualifications and Skills:
The Technical Director is to be proficient in the following skills:
- Skilled in mixing a band and vocals
- Use of VI 3000 Soundcraft board or similar
- Knowledge of each instrument on stage-(including mic’ing instruments and amplifiers; plugging each instrument into the sound system; etc.)
- Able to receive constructive feedback, but at the same time lead us to new ways and ideas of audio/visual presentation
- Skilled and knowledgeable in lighting design and visual software (Vista, ProPresenter, Premier Pro, Pro Final Cut, Blackmagic etc.)
- Expertise with Live Audio, Post Production Audio, Lighting Design, and Live Video Broadcast.
- Understanding how to maintain and repair Audio Visual equipment (computers, projectors, electronic consoles, lighting, camera equipment etc.)
- Ability to train and developing Audio/Visual volunteer technicians into future leaders.
- Experience with LED walls and technology
- Experience with Digital consoles and intelligent LED lighting
The Technical Manager position incorporates time dedicated to multiple areas in the following way:
Audio Visual Production
- Producing technical elements for Wednesday night and Sunday worship services involving mixing audio for the worship band and Praise Team.
- Oversee all Audio/Visual volunteer Technicians and their scheduling in the worship services.
- Ensure all audio equipment is set up and packed down appropriately for worship services.
- Collaborate with Worship Leaders in the creation and production of backing/click tracks that will be used during any worship service.
- Direct Technical pre-production: attend concept meetings, scenic design layout, and equipment management, build lighting cues/design, manage and schedule volunteer technical teams
- Oversee/Direct Live Experience Production: stage layout, set-up and strike, assist with scenic stage design, lighting, Camera operation, Live video directing, run-thru
- Direct Post-production: evaluation, stage maintenance, equipment maintenance, prop management, archiving, trouble-shooting, scheduling, celebration with volunteer technical teams
- Oversee high quality live recording and at times filming of services for web and vimeo
- Technical Maintenance
- Oversee the repair and maintenance of all technical equipment. This includes all projectors, lights, audio systems, consoles, and computers used in worship services; as well as TV’s, DVD players, and other equipment found in classrooms or small group meeting rooms.
- Work with the Pastor, Worship Team, Facilities and any outside contractors for the purchase of technical equipment and installation labor.
- Oversee the A/V budget
- Special Events
- Oversee all special events requiring audio and visual needs.
- Ensure all Audio/Visual equipment is set up and packed down correctly for the event.
- Schedule volunteers and/or paid technicians for any special events and ensure correct payments are delivered.
- Lighting Design
- Creating lighting designs for weekend worship environments in the sanctuary.
- Maintaining lighting systems and lighting fixtures for worship environments
- Lead and assist in the installation of lighting fixtures for new stage designs or stage rebuilds.
- Audio/Visual Technician Development
- Oversee the active recruitment of Audio/Visual volunteer technicians.
- Training and developing the technical and leadership skills of Audio/Visual volunteer technicians through large group and specialized one-on-one training.
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience mixing live bands/vocalists
- Recording experience in a studio environment is a plus
- Experience in routine gear maintenance, setup, installation, and operation
- Experience in large-scale productions
- Efficient with ProPresenter
- Experience with video sermon delivery
- Experience with varied approaches to video delivery
- Must be an effective troubleshooter and problem solver
- Possess customer service skills
- Flexible on hours and days, this position would require weekends
- Team player and a Team builder
- OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Models Christian character at work, home, and social life
- Possess a developed Christian maturity
- Willingness to serve in and/or outside the church
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Audio/Visual ManagerOur Savior's Way Lutheran Church
- Ashburn, Virginia
- January 17
Communications DirectorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- January 13
Worship & Creative Arts DirectorRadiant Church
- Ludington, Michigan
- January 13
Audio/Visual TechnicianSecond Presbyterian Church
- Bloomington, Illinois
- January 13
Audio Director: FOH EngineerSlingshot Group
- Irvine, California
- January 11