WORSHIP AND CREATIVE ARTS PASTOR
Piedmont is a church plant in Macon, GA (about 60 miles south of Atlanta). Our mission is to create irresistible environments that draw you and others into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We do this through community groups, corporate worship, next generation ministries, and missions. Worship is a large part of our DNA. God is the ultimate creator and we want to praise Him with the creativity that He has given each of us. We are a contemporary worship driven church that has found success in worshipping to cutting edge music as well as classical hymns in new arrangements that engage our congregation.
Purpose Statement: To engage our congregation and the community with creative worship environments by providing leadership and overseeing all operations.
Position Description: The worship pastor is the backbone of the creative ministry. Receiving insight from the Lead Pastor concerning themes and series, the Worship Pastor’s job is to creatively take the Pastor’s vision and communicate it creatively to the congregation through worship and arts.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the mission of the church.
- Demonstrate excellence as a worship leader and a disciple maker.
- A pastor as well as a musician. This does not mean ordained, but rather a clear calling to shepherd people.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading in worship.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, and video projection. Must be extremely comfortable with Ableton, Pro Presenter, and other studio software such as Logic.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Must be able to play a “lead” instrument (i.e. keys or guitar).
- Spend time developing relationships with lost people so as to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same.
- Maintain and build the worship and production teams to carry out the vision of the church.
- Plan the corporate worship services in consultation with the Lead Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day. Oversee song, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and dramatists.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
- Provide pastoral care for the worship and production teams.
- Support staff to plan major seasonal and/or outreach special events. Find and plan other ways to use music and drama to reach out to the community evangelistically.
- Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
- Build contacts and relationships with local musicians, studios, and clubs for both evangelistic and staffing purposes.
- Leads creative planning team for worship services.
- Oversees web development and manages a web ministry team, including social media. ?
Check us out at www.piedmontchurch.net
Send us the following items in one email to email@example.com
- Resume with Cover Letter
- Two Videos of you leading worship (either links or files).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship PastorGeneration Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- January 18
Director of Worship (Non-Traditional)Trinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17
Audio/Visual ManagerOur Savior's Way Lutheran Church
- Ashburn, Virginia
- January 17
Associate/Worship PastorDupont Church of the Brethren
- Dupont, Ohio
- January 17
Worship Pastor / DirectorFirst Federated Church
- Des Moines, Iowa
- January 16