The Associate Pastor of Leadership Development works closely with the Lead Pastor in planning and implementing ministry teams to fulfill the mission of Carthage Nazarene. The Associate Pastor works with the Pastoral Staff in the day-to-day responsibilities
of ministry and is also responsible for student ministry through the development of the student ministry teams and volunteers.
- Must be a follower of Jesus Christ, exhibiting a growing relationship and spiritual maturity.
- Have an understanding of and a commitment to the vision of Carthage Nazarene.
- Teachable with willingness to grow and learn new things.
- Must be a team player and a strong leader.
- Committed to continuing spiritual, personal, and professional development.
- Possesses strong team building skills.
- Ability to lead volunteers to reach beyond perceived limitations
- Possesses good communication skills: written, verbal, and interpersonal.
- Must have a working knowledge in computer and social media.
- Must have skills to connect with both students and adults.
- Must have skills to communicate God’s Word through teaching and preaching.
- Must be a focused and disciplined person who can follow directions, follow through with commitments, and see things through to completion.
- Dependable, self-motivated and comfortable taking initiative.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to balance needs of family and home.
- To lead authentic and dynamic ministry teams to evangelize, disciple, and care for people.
- To recruit, train, and develop volunteers and volunteer teams for various areas including student ministry, discipleship, and pastoral care ministry.
- To assist the Pastor in the everyday aspects of ministry.
- To assist in Preaching and Teaching.
- To partner with staff and ministry leaders in fulfilling the Process of Discipleship.
- To recruit, train and resource Connect Group Leaders.
- To coordinate ministry teams to provide care for one another.
- Regularly make efforts toward personal development spiritually as well as in the areas of leadership, discipleship, and general ministry skills.
- Oversee student ministry approximately 10-15 hours per week.
- Partner with the student ministry volunteers in ministry planning for Wednesday Nights and Small Groups (Connect Groups).
- Assist in recruiting volunteers for student ministry.
- Help Plan and resource weekly student ministry and prepare volunteers as needed. Goal: to partner with volunteers to share teaching time (Possibly teach 50%).
- Coordinate all teaching material for student ministry.