The Family Life Minister is a member of the pastoral staff of MCC and is selected by a search team, selected by the Eldership and Lead Minister, and is held accountable by the Lead Minister.
The Pastor of Family Ministry will be dedicated to growing young Christians (birth-5th grade) and strengthening the entire family unit. The position will provide dynamic leadership, direction and supervision for the outreach, fellowship, faith formation,
mission and worship for children, youth and their families. This is a full time position.
- Define and implement a Family Ministry strategy for Minier Christian Church, including family outreach, education, service and worship opportunities.
- Oversee the children programs (Example: Sunday Morning & Wednesday Nights), building the quality of these programs.
- Training and equipping the volunteer staff.
- Oversee a Part-Time Youth Minister who will manage the Youth Ministry (6th-12th grades). Serve on a team to interview and hire the Part-Time Youth Minister.
- Collaborate with the Adult Discipleship Team to identify and implement the Family Ministry Strategy, including content and format of adult classes and/or Life Group opportunities to equip families.
- Provide guidance to the Leader Team to identify and implement a calendar of events that balances the needs of birth to senior programs, with a focus on equipping and growing families.
- Direct the work of the Children's Ministry and Youth interns or part-time staff, as applicable.
- Coordinate with the volunteer Scheduler to insure staffing for weekly programs.
- Insure adherence to or improvements to safety policies (children’s check-in process, background checks for volunteers, etc.)
- Collaborate with the Lead Minister to identify opportunities for family worship, congregational curriculum series, and other means of building families within the church community.
- Plan and manage the budget for children, youth and family ministries.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Lead Minister.
- Team builder
- Loves kids
- Has a heart for the family
- Has at least a Bachelors degree in a related field
- Agrees with our core beliefs
- Has the biblical characteristics of Titus 1:6 & 1 Timothy 3:2
- Has Restoration Movement roots.
EXPECTED JOB PRODUCTS (RESULTS)
- High quality children’s programming
- Families strengthened
- Ever expanding and improving volunteer team
Annual salary range will be commensurate with experience.
All qualified candidates will be reviewed on January 31, 2016.
Further information about our church can be found at: www.miniercc.org
Interested candidates should send their resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org