We are a 19-year-old non-denominational church which built our first building four years ago, then grew from 800 to 1,200 in attendance and are now considering expansion. Our Executive Director is retiring, causing us to search for someone to help lead
us in our next phase of growth.
The person we hire will be part of the Executive Team and will oversee most ministries and administrative functions of the church. S/he will lead all staff whether serving children, youth or adults to focus all efforts in growing fully devoted followers
We are about to complete a strategic plan and seek someone to work closely with the Senior Pastor in fulfilling the vision God has given us and implementing the plan to maximize our impact for the Kingdom.
We are looking for someone…
- With a passion for growing the Church and individual Disciples.
- With a humble, team-first spirit.
- Who can demonstrate success in attracting, motivating and developing staff, then honestly evaluating their performance.
- With experience in change management and turning strategy into effective tactics.
- Who focuses on Ends, not Means … Outcomes, not Inputs. Familiarity with Balanced Scorecard is a plus.
- With the courage to identify the elephant in the room and confront sacred cows.
- Who can demonstrate s/he has pulled a team together for a common purpose—overcoming departmental silos.
- Not satisfied with the status quo who often asks, “Why?” and “What if?”
- Good at making a case with solid data and rationale.
We are located in Frederick County, Maryland, part of the D.C. metro area and connected to the District by rail. This is a wonderful place to raise a family on the edge of the Appalachian Mountains with lots of outdoor recreation in addition to the cultural
attractions of D.C. and Baltimore. The Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic beaches are only one and four hours away respectively.
Visit www.damascus.com and scroll down to Employment Opportunities to see a job description and instructions on how to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.