Overview of Position:
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the music ministry, primary worship leading and ensuring musical support for church services, special events, oversight of Youth and Kids Program. Knowledge in Fine Arts and Media a secondary plus.
Full Time: Starting Salary 35-45K depending on experience & competence.
• A heart for and experience at Holy Spirit-led, presence driven worship ministering / leading.
• An active church member and leader with strong commitment to the vision of the church.
• Excellent communication skills & relationship building with the lead pastor.
• A heart for developing musicians, worshipers, leaders is a must.
• Experience leading worship in a church setting of 300-500.
• College degree desired in related field or equivalent experience, licensed credentials or actively seeking.
Job Description :
• Leads worship during church services and special events.
• Schedules and supervises worship team volunteers.
• Procures, coaches, mentors and develops church musicians and vocalists in skills and worship. This is essential.
• Works with the lead pastor to plan weekly music set and ensure music reflects the mission and the vision of the church.
• Procures music practice sheets and forwards to musicians. Manually or electronically.
• Facilitates weekly worship team / choir rehearsals.
• Facilitates full rehearsals and concerts for special occasions. One or two nights per week.
• Works with vendors to ensure music equipment is up-to-date and operational. Ensure proper upgrades are being met at musical level.
• Solicits feedback from worship team and volunteers and develops and implements improvement plans based on feedback.
- Is able to lead team in developing a heart for Worship by teaching & training them in Worship.
• Takes responsibility for, and adheres to departmental budget.
• Notify the lead pastor well in advance of anticipated absences, when taking extended absences or when resigning this position.
• Establish an annual calendar (staff coverage, training and new workers orientation).
• Arrives on-time to all scheduled rehearsals and events at least 30 minutes before service for setup, warm-up, tuning of equipment and prayer.
• Submit paperwork for special events, rooms, equipment etc. Fill out and submit a weekly reports and proper forms to the office.
• Promote teamwork and good interpersonal relationship among the staff.
• Follow the direction of the lead pastor during the services.
• Performs other duties the lead pastor requests, such as outdoor concerts, prayer services, pastoral care, funerals and weddings.
We are open to who God might bring here, and open to discussing a full time or part time role. . We desire an individual with strong vocal skills, able to sing harmony and teach others on the team. Some one who plays multiple instruments is a plus and
can keep themselves and a few others organized. Above all we want a worshipper, someone who is passionate about Jesus and wants to bring others along with them on the journey. If you think this might be you, lets chat.
If you qualify:
a) Send resume to: Chris.email@example.com
b) Please send references and video of live Worship