The church is seeking to hire a part-time youth minister to lead the youth and families at the church and in the surrounding community. Ideally, the youth minister may be discipled by the senior pastor and others into a potential future full-time associate
Minimum pay: $20 per hour
Minimum work: 20 hours per week, including Wednesdays & Sundays
Minimum educational requirements: Bachelor's degree in biblical studies
Minimum experience: Two (2) years leading youth ministry
- Maintain a close relationship with the Lord, our chief shepherd, through obedience to His commands (John 14:15, 21) and a commitment to daily Bible study and prayer. (John 13:10, Joshua 1:8-9, Hosea 4:6, 1 Thess 5:17)
- Ministering to youth. A primary responsibility of the Youth Minister is ministering to youth in the church and surrounding community. This includes planning and executing weekly youth services and meetings, planning and attending with
youth at least two youth conferences or camps a year, discipling youth leaders, discerning and discipling new youth leaders, and frequently communicating with the youth and their parent(s).
- Ministering to families. A primary responsibility of the Youth Minister is ministering to families of youth in the church and surrounding community. This includes planning and executing regular meetings with youth and their families and
frequently communicating with them face-to-face, digitally, and otherwise.
i. The Youth Minister, Senior Pastor and Elders will work together in determining the overall needs of the church’s youth, families, and create plans to meet those needs.
ii. The Youth Minister will participate in weekly staff meetings and other activities to clarify and execute church-wide goals and objectives.
iii. The Youth Minister will attend Sunday church services weekly.
iv. The Youth Minister will develop a team of youth leaders, teachers, assistants, helpers, and volunteers, and will meet and communicate with them frequently.
- Vision. The Youth Minister is responsible for establishing vision and/or goals for his/her ministry and implementing strategies for attainment through the power and direction of the Holy Spirit.
- Preaching/teaching backup. The Youth Minister may preach or teach on previously approved subjects and materials if he is available when the Senior Pastor is on vacation, ill, or otherwise unavailable.
- Evangelism. The Youth Minister will be active in evangelistically sharing faith in God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.
- Service. The Youth Minister will serve in other capacities only as reasonably assigned consistent with the definition of ministry or “d?a????a?” as: service.
- Belief. The Youth Minister must support and adhere to the Statement of Faith and the Bylaws of the church.
- Continuing Education. The Youth Minister shall be allowed to be away from church with pay for up to one (1) week per year for conferences, spiritual retreats, revivals, supplements to education, or other activities which supplement, build
up, or extend his/her ministry. This time away will not carry forward. The Youth Minister will make the necessary arrangements to ensure the continuity of teaching, leading, facilitating, and other on-going church responsibilities and programs in his absence.
The church will reimburse reasonable expenses incurred for this continuing education.