Director of Youth Sports
The Gathering Place / Community Church of Greenwood
1. Personal Commitment
- Commitment to Jesus Christ in life and in service.
- Adheres to the mission of CCG – “Proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and live in full obedience to Him.”
- Adheres to the vision of The GP: “Transforming our community through faith and sports one person at a time”.
- An active member of the Community Church of Greenwood.
2. Leadership Qualities
- A vibrant leader among the CCG church body and staff who has a passion for connecting
people to Jesus and CCG through the GP.
- A primary communicator, equipper, team builder, and strategy developer in leading CCG toward strategic engagement of the community via sports.
- A model of spiritually maturing discipleship as a member of CCG’s/GP’s professional support staff.
- Thorough knowledge base of the athletic culture surrounding the Community Church of Greenwood.
- Key leader in forging and nurturing collaborative relationships and strategic partnerships with local sports organizations and other Christian entities.
3. Preferred Skillset
- Well equipped and highly motivated for effective sports outreach.
- Strong administrative skills
- Highly organized.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, EZ Facility database).
- Strong communication skills:
- Ministering and communicating to youth and adults.
4. Experience (preferred but not required)
- Sports ministry background
- Developing, promoting, and managing sports leagues, camps, and events for youth.
- Performing ministry to High School sports programs (athletes, coaches, and ADs).
- Sports Management Degree; Exercise Science Degree.
- Athletic knowledge/experience
- High school or collegiate level athlete/coach.
5. Program Responsibilities
- Identify, recruit, and train key volunteers for youth leagues.
- Clear, timely interaction and communication with volunteers and attendees, while ensuring that meetings, events, and processes are effective, well planned and coordinated.
- Work schedule will seasonally require Saturdays during our Youth Leagues, and one evening per week to assist with Adult Sports. Hours will be adjusted accordingly.
6. Administrative Responsibilities
- Primarily responsible for the administration, coordination and scheduling of The GP’s sport programs/events with the support of the GP staff, and the CCG event planner.
- Oversight and responsibility for maintaining a youth sports-related database.
- Assist the Executive Director in tracking key growth indicators (i.e. league attendance, converts, etc.).
- Regularly assist in monitoring and updating social media outlets for current and future events.
- Develop Bible-based devotionals for youth leagues.
7. Operational Responsibilities
- Works under the direct oversight of the Executive Director.
- Collaborate The GP’s youth sports programs with CCG.
- Assist in developing effective promotion and communication strategies with Executive Director and CCG event planner.
- Ensure that brand and outreach vision strategy is communicated clearly to the community inside and outside of the church walls.