Director of Youth Sports
The Gathering Place / Community Church of Greenwood
1. Personal Commitment
- Commitment to Jesus Christ in life and in service.
- Adheres to the mission of CCG – “Proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and live in full obedience to Him.”
- Adheres to the vision of The GP: “Transforming our community through faith and sports one person at a time”.
- An active member of the Community Church of Greenwood.
2. Leadership Qualities
- A vibrant leader among the CCG church body and staff who has a passion for connecting people to Jesus and CCG through the GP.
- A primary communicator, equipper, team builder, and strategy developer in leading CCG toward strategic engagement of the community via sports.
- A model of spiritually maturing discipleship as a member of CCG’s/GP’s professional support staff.
- Thorough knowledge base of the athletic culture surrounding the Community Church of Greenwood.
- Key leader in forging and nurturing collaborative relationships and strategic partnerships with local sports organizations and other Christian entities.
3. Preferred Skillset
- Well equipped and highly motivated for effective sports outreach.
- Strong administrative skills
- Highly organized.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, EZ Facility database).
- Strong communication skills:
- Ministering and communicating to youth and adults.
4. Experience (preferred but not required)
- Sports ministry background
- Developing, promoting, and managing sports leagues, camps, and events for youth.
- Performing ministry to High School sports programs (athletes, coaches, and ADs).
- Sports Management Degree; Exercise Science Degree.
- Athletic knowledge/experience
- High school or collegiate level athlete/coach.
5. Program Responsibilities
- Identify, recruit, and train key volunteers for youth leagues.
- Clear, timely interaction and communication with volunteers and attendees, while ensuring that meetings, events, and processes are effective, well planned and coordinated.
- Work schedule will seasonally require Saturdays during our Youth Leagues, and one evening per week to assist with Adult Sports. Hours will be adjusted accordingly.
6. Administrative Responsibilities
- Primarily responsible for the administration, coordination and scheduling of The GP’s sport programs/events with the support of the GP staff, and the CCG event planner.
- Oversight and responsibility for maintaining a youth sports-related database.
- Assist the Executive Director in tracking key growth indicators (i.e. league attendance, converts, etc.).
- Regularly assist in monitoring and updating social media outlets for current and future events.
- Develop Bible-based devotionals for youth leagues.
7. Operational Responsibilities
- Works under the direct oversight of the Executive Director.
- Collaborate The GP’s youth sports programs with CCG.
- Assist in developing effective promotion and communication strategies with Executive Director and CCG event planner.
- Ensure that brand and outreach vision strategy is communicated clearly to the community inside and outside of the church walls.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Family Life CenterReynoldsburg United Methodist Church
- Reynoldsburg, Ohio
- January 12
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- December 30
Associate Pastor for Community Connection and Life DevelopmentFBC Mableton
- Mableton, Georgia
- November 30
Teacher, Pastor, Missionary, StaffOlive International School
- Beijing, Not Assigned
- August 23
Community Church of Greenwood
Our mission is "to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ and live in full obedience to Him." We focus on building Biblical Community through our small groups, providing clear pathways for Spiritual Growth, and equipping our people for Engaged Outreach.More...