POSITION: Family Care Pastor with Student Ministry Focus
Report Directly to: Senior Pastor
Church Summary: Evangel Baptist is an independent Bible based church located in the heart of the beautiful Juniata River Valley in “Central PA” known for stunning fall foliage and hospitable folks. EBC is committed to sound Bible teaching
using an engaging contemporary worship style that features modern technology while honoring some traditional worship elements too. We are searching for the Family Care Pastor that God has to join our collaboratively led Pastoral team which currently includes
full time Senior Pastor, Executive Worship and Congregational Care Pastors and many other volunteer leadership personnel. The growing multigenerational congregation is excited to continue leveraging well established vibrant children and youth ministries, gifted
praise teams and thriving Life Groups for God’s glory. The congregation recently approved a new mission / vision statement with emphasis on core values and guiding principles focused on equipping, empowering, and releasing God’s people into their God given
calling and legacy!
Position Purpose: To direct and lead our very active and vibrant Children’s, Youth, and Student Ministry programming for ages Newborn to High School age students. The position will be focused most heavily on the Middle and High School age students. The Family Care Pastor shall seek to foster Christian community through building an environment and relationships for the children, youth and students to strengthen their commitment to the church and growth in faith in Jesus Christ.
Responsibilities: Subject to review and adjustment in conjunction with the Senior pastor and the Elder Board (when appropriate), the following constitute the major responsibilities of the Family Care Pastor of Evangel Baptist Church.
The Family Care Pastor shall:
1. Provide leadership for and function as the primary staff person for the Children’s and Student Ministry (C&SM).
2. Oversee the recruitment and training of adult volunteers to work with C&SM
3. Plan and implement age appropriate activities for C&SM that promote community through fellowship, fun and faith development. Such activities might include; small group Bible study, retreats and service projects.
4. Work with C&SM teams in preparation of an annual budget.
5. Coordinate fund-raising activities that support special C&SM activities and trips.
6. Promote Christian service through age appropriate service projects.
1. Be a member of the worshiping community of Evangel Baptist Church on a regular basis, taking part in the means of grace.
2. Lead weekly Middle and High School age Student Ministry (SM) meetings, attend weekly staff meetings, and any other meetings required by the Senior pastor.
3. Meet regularly with Senior pastor as needed at a time mutually agreed upon.
4. Coordinate C&SM activities with other ministries of the congregation in cooperation with staff.
5. Be in contact with office staff and provide a timely and accurate schedule of C&SM activities.
6. Keep the congregation informed of C&SM events by coordinating the publicity through the appropriate vehicles provided by the church. (E.g. special mailings, posters, bulletin announcements, web page, etc.) Provide reports for the Elder Team and a year-end
report for the congregation.
7. Manage the disbursement of budgeted funds for C&SM within the guidelines of the approved budget and in adherence with the purchasing policies of the church.
8. Encourage young people to participate in all facets of the life of the community of faith, including worship, choirs, educational opportunities, youth activities, Youth Camp and service projects, etc.
9. Refer prospective families for membership and unusual circumstances where follow-up is desirable to the Congregational Care pastor.
10. Assist Senior Pastor with other duties as necessary.
Working Conditions The position of Family Care Pastor requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. The position is a full time, salaried position and while the salary is based upon a projected 40 hrs. per week, the actual number of hours required during any given week are those needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. Furthermore it is recognized that the schedule may vary at different times of the year. It is therefore understood that the Family Care Pastor will:
1. Maintain some regularly scheduled office hours in order to be accessible to students, parents, staff and the leadership of the congregation.
2. Keep the church office informed as to how the Family Care Pastor can be contacted.
3. Notify the staff prior to all unforeseen and untimely absences from regularly scheduled events, and provide a suitable substitute in the case of anticipated absence (meeting excepted).
4. In the case of extended time away from the office arrange to receive messages.
5. Office, phone, computer, voice mail, email, Internet services, duplicating and secretarial support is provided by the congregation for work related to this position.
Qualifications Since the Family Care Pastor plays a major role in the faith development of the younger members of the church, both as a leader, and as an example, Evangel Baptist Church seeks a professional leader who has a solid understanding of the foundations of the Christian faith. We seek a person who generates new ideas and programs and a person who values a team concept of ministry. The qualifications for this position are as follows:
1. One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a
teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
2. One who possesses a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related ministry field
3. Candidate must have at least 3 years of experience in youth or children’s ministry.
4. Candidate must have a demonstrated personal spiritual life congruent with biblical
mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
3. One who is capable of creating and executing a long-term vision for
Evangel Baptist’s C&SM
4. One who is gifted and is called to Children’s and Student ministry, loves young people, and
has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the
5. An engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background,
who is in agreement with Evangel Baptist Church’s Constitution.
6. A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for
ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
7. The ability to work with children, students and adults.
8. Possesses great organizational skills.
9. Have full support of their spouse in C&SM.
Evangel Baptist Church values its brothers and sisters who have received a call to
support and nurture the faith of our young Christians. We therefore on our part will:
1. Encourage, pray and support you as a leader in this congregation.
2. Support you with a salary and benefits package competitive with similar positions in the area the details of which can be negotiated depending upon your experience and individual / family needs.
3. Participate in a yearly job performance review.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
High School DirectorLake Grove Presbyterian Church
- Lake Oswego, Oregon
- January 18
Student Ministries PastorBraeswood Assembly of God Church
- Houston, Texas
- January 17
Pastor of Student MinistriesThe Orchard Evangelical Free Church
- Arlington Heights , Illinois
- January 17
Director of Children's MinistryTrinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17
Director of Student MinistriesJeffrey Calhoun
- Hopkinsville, Kentucky
- January 17