Position Announcement and Description
Aldersgate United Methodist Church (AUMC), Sumter, South Carolina is a well known, established church seeking to fill the position of Music Director. Candidates for this position must be devoted followers of Jesus Christ and must be persons of high moral character and integrity. Our desire is to select a person who considers this opportunity as a calling from God. The overarching goal of this position is to grow the kingdom of God through the music ministry of AUMC.
Church Denomination – United Methodist
Worship Style – AUMC has both a Traditional and Contemporary service.
Church Size – 700 members
Job status – Part-time
Supervisor – The Music Director reports to the Church Pastor
General Qualifications –
- Be a professed Christian exhibiting a spiritual commitment to Jesus Christ
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal / communications skills
- Leadership experience
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work with the church leadership team and also lead volunteers
Music Qualifications –
- A sensitivity and respect for the diversity of music between Traditional and Contemporary worship
- Having a Bachelor’s degree in music or choral music education or several years of experience in music ministry, including work with traditional choirs is preferable.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct a choir, lead rehearsals, and develop a choir program
- Develop, grow and lead the music worship program
- Discern and encourage others in the use of their gifts in music
- Recruit, rehearse and provide oversight for the Chancel Choir, direct the choir as necessary
- Collaborate with the technical support team (Power Point preparation and operation) when necessary.
- Integrate music offering with the Pastors message
- Make budget recommendations to the Pastor and Chair of the Finance Committee and work within budget
Normal Working Hours –
- Weekly Choir practice (currently, Wednesday evening, 1.5 - 2 hours)
- Sunday morning worship (Blended Traditional)
- Required research and preparation time (as needed)
- Salary will be established based on the experience and skill-set of the selected candidate.
- The position does not include health benefits.
Application Information –
- Interested individuals should submit a resume to the AUMC Office.
- Video submissions demonstrating the candidate’s music skills are welcome and should be no longer than 10 minutes
- Two letters of reference and contact information should be included with the resume
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVE AT THE ADDRESS BELOW
BY 5:00 pm January 21, 2017
Aldersgate United Methodist Church
211 Alice Drive
Sumter, South Carolina 29150
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Music/Musician (Youth & Young Adults)Private Profile
- Houston, Texas
- January 20
Worship LeaderMountain View Presbyterian Church
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- January 19
Worship LeaderBethany Christian Reformed Church
- Bellflower, California
- January 19
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- January 19
Worship PastorGeneration Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- January 18