First Evangelical Free Church (FEFC) of McKeesport, Pa. is looking to hire a full-time Pastor of Student Ministry (grade 6 – college age). We’re looking for a person who is a passionate follower of Jesus, and has a contagious love for teens and families.
This position requires someone who is a self-starter, with high energy and creativity to engage teens.
Other aspects of who we are looking for:
- Conservative, evangelical, Bible-believing Christian
- Strong relational skills
- Experience in a multi-racial / multi-generational church
- An accredited degree in Youth Ministry or related field
- Experience leading teen ministry in a local church
Reporting to the Lead Pastor & Elders, the Pastor of Student Ministry, this exempt, full time position shall require the following abilities and talents in order to meet the needs of those served:
Purpose: Student Ministry exists to guide students into becoming healthy followers of Jesus Christ.
The Pastor of Student Ministry will oversee the entire student ministry (6th grade – college age) including all Student Ministry staff.
This position requires:
- A sincere interest and care for those served by the Student Ministry and the entire ministry of FEFC
- The ability to meet with and interact effectively with FEFC personnel, youth leaders, parents and students and all FEFC constituents.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills and social networking.
- Organizational skills to be demonstrated through the maintenance of ministry calendars, events, weekly programs, and other programs as necessary
- Record keeping skills to be demonstrated through the proper entering and management of ministry data (personal and financial) and the clear and concise reporting of that data
- Creative skills to be demonstrated through the production of publications and flyers as necessary
Responsibilities to include but are not limited to:
- Faithfully support all ministries of First Evangelical Free Church
- Establish a plan and vision to reach teens and their families with the truth of the Gospel
- Recruit, develop, train, and shepherd volunteer youth leader staff
- In conjunction with the Business Manager, plan and manage Student Ministries budget
- Prepare relevant and engaging materials to teach at all student functions and activities
- Plan and organize events (retreats, Summer programs, mission trips, and other special events) to meet the specific needs of students
- Meet weekly and as needed with Ministry Staff
- Meet weekly with volunteer youth staff
- Oversee and develop Student Ministry staff
- Oversee and develop Ministry Interns
- Be purposeful in follow up of any student visitors
- Conduct ongoing parent communication and family care meetings in partnership with the Pastor of Children & Family Ministry.
- Create an effective vision for reaching non-Church students throughout our community
- Establish presence on local Middle School, High School, and college campuses
- Establish a plan for student leadership development
- Facilitate ministry to FEFC college-age students
- Preaching on occasion
- Work a 50-hour work week
- Any other duties as assigned
FEFC is part of the Evangelical Free Church of America (www.efca.org). We have been in existence since 1887 as a Gospel witness in McKeesport and the greater Pittsburgh area. We are a church of 450+ with a multiple staff. McKeesport offers affordable
housing and easy access to Pittsburgh, rated as one of American’s most livable cities.
To learn more about FEFC, check our website at: www.myfefc.org.
To apply for this position, please send your resume with three references to Pastor Kirk Albrecht (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Youth Pastor inquiry” in the subject line.
Only resident U.S. citizens will be considered for this position.