PURPOSE OF POSITION
To primarily serve as the weekly Worship Leader at the Moon Campus of Pathway Church.
The worship leader’s principle function is to equip the congregation at Pathway’s Moon Campus for the
worship of Jesus Christ and the extension of His gospel, which is the glory of God (2 Corinthians
4:13-15). The ministry of equipping is primarily carried out in the context of corporate worship
gatherings and is led through the ministry of the Word, of prayer, and of modeling the Christian life (Acts
6:4; 1 Timothy 4:13; 2 Timothy 3:16-17). The ministry of equipping is secondarily a ministry of
leadership (Hebrews 13:7,17) and management/oversight (Acts 20:28; 1 Timothy 3:2; Titus 1:7) of the
church’s ministries and spiritual life.
Moon Host Pastor
RELATES CLOSELY WITH
• Worship Pastor
• Worship Production Coordinator
• Worship Service Producers
• Executive Pastor
• Senior Pastor
• Pathway Staff
• Volunteer Directors
All within the context of the Moon Campus…
1) Direct the Weekly Worship Rehearsals and Sunday Morning Service Prep and Tear Down
2) Facilitate the Corporate Worship Gathering through Music and Other Creative Elements.
3) Maintain Weekly Communication with the Campus Leadership (Host Pastor, Worship Pastor)
4) Provide a Ministry Leadership Presence for the Congregation.
5) Build Community By Maximizing Relationship Opportunities.
RESPONSIBILITIES & OVERSIGHT
1) To prepare the weekly worship service plan for the Moon Campus. This is to be done online through
PlanningCenterOnline.com in coordination with the Host Pastor, Worship Pastor and Worship Production
Coordinator. The music for the service should be selected from Pathway’s Live Song Master List and
placed in the Moon Plan ten days before the scheduled service.
2) To give musical direction to the members of the worship team through personal preparation, weekly
communication, the weekly rehearsals and Sunday morning run-through.
3) To give organizational oversight to the production team for the purpose of a coordinated and wellprepared
worship service production. They will provide technical expertise and leadership in regard to
lighting, audio and projection. The Moon Worship Leader will work closely with the Worship Production
Coordinator to accomplish this.
4) To work alongside the Host Pastor in giving a leadership presence to the Moon congregation of
5) To maximize relationship opportunities by connecting with the members and attenders of the Moon
congregation of Pathway Church.
6) To incorporate ingenuity and creativity into the worship service through video, special music,
Weekly Time Requirement: 8-10 hours a week.
To give attention to the…
- Weekly Rehearsals
- Sunday Services
- Leadership Team Connections
- Relationship Building
- Creative Planning