CHILDREN’S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The role of the Children’s Ministry Director is to provide leadership, development, and direction for the Children’s Ministry staff and volunteer programming teams as it pertains to the vision, mission and strategy for Grace Church of Fredericksburg Children’s
Ministry (Nursery to 6th grade).
Responsible to the Executive Pastor.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsibility for the oversight and leadership of the Children’s ministries (150 children per week) that include: Nursery, Sunday School (3yr old through 6th grade), Club 56 (5th and 6th grade), and Goodnews Club.
- Special Events: Fall Party, Vacation Bible School, Chapel, Christmas Eve service, Roller Skating party, and honoring volunteers.
- Oversee and utilize highly administrative full-time Assistant Children Ministries Director
- Recruit, train, and involve new children’s ministry volunteers.
- Create and effectively manage the ministry’s budget.
- Maintain ministry’s section on website.
- Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership.
- Manage babysitters for special events: Encounter, conferences
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
- Should always exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by: a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Should be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
- Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Should be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community
- Technical skills
- Competitive salary and benefits package based on education and experience
- Bachelor of Arts or equivalent degree.
- Born again and Spirit led Christian who feels a call by God into ministry
- Love for children and families
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
General Information about Grace Church of Fredericksburg:
We are a church of about 550 on a Sunday morning. We have a Homeschool Co-op at our church. There is a Christian School in town as well. We are a suburb 50 miles south of Washington DC. It’s fast pace here. Many commute 2 hours to military or federal
jobs in DC every day. The population is around 300,000 in our area. We believe this is a season of growth for us and children’s ministry is key. On Sunday morning we have between 125-150 kids in children’s ministry. We mobilize 110 volunteers every six
weeks. We own our building. About 900 people consider Grace Church their church home. You can check out our website www.gcofonline.org and see our doctrinal statement, listen to a sermon and get acquainted with our church.