This full-time position is responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing the strategic operations, personnel, and equipment within the divisions of facilities and grounds maintenance, custodial services, church safety and security, campus event services, and food service.This position will work as a liaison with church staff and lay persons, third party vendors, contractors, user departments, outside agencies, and the public regarding facilities management and strategic operations.
Christ Church of Oak Brook is an intergenerational, non-denominational Christian church with an average weekend attendance of 2,600 people and a membership of more than 5,000. A core group of 75 staff and hundreds of volunteers join together on its 25-acre campus to provide ministries of worship, growth, and service for the western suburbs and beyond.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Superior organizational, logistical and planning skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines while maintaining high standards of work quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to coordinate and implement strategies and to manage projects and/or events.
- Possess excellent oral communications and listening skills, with high professionalism.
- Welcome the opportunity to worship, grow, and serve within the Christ Church of Oak Brook Community.
BENEFITS: Four (4) weeks paid vacation; healthcare benefits which include medical, dental, short/long term disability, life insurance; and matching 401k plan.
HIRING SALARY: Competitive in marketplace and commensurate with experience and education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage, plan, organize, and direct a variety of projects and activities to provide a safe, clean, secure and attractive environment for staff, church members, visitors, and the community.
- Develop and implement short-term and long term plans to effectively manage the church’s facilities, security operations, food service operations, worship services, and special events.
- Implement and plan for both preventative and predicative maintenance projects.
- Develop the safety and security policies and practices of the church including overseeing teams of staff and volunteers as appropriate.
- Oversee contractors and vendors, setting expectations and monitoring progress.
- Provide technical expertise related to assigned functions formulating policies, procedures, and practices.
- Communicate with church leadership, staff members, contractors and others to coordinate maintenance and operations activities and programs, resolve issues and conflicts, and exchange information.
- Develop and prepare an annual budget. Analyze and review budgetary and financial data. Monitor and authorize expenditures in accordance with guidelines.
- Recruit, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff including the managers of specific functional areas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Business Administration or a related field and at least eight to ten years’ experience in facilities management, building and grounds operations, or related field including five years’ of supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Experience in a large church, educational institution, or non-profit organization is preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects independently or with others.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position is required to work both indoors and outdoors and may require standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing.
Interested candidates can apply by submitting cover letter, resume, to email@example.com. Due to the volume of inquiries and applicants, we are not able to respond to every application or resume we receive. We will be in contact with you if we are interested in pursuing your application of employment. Thank you for your understanding.
A pre-employment background check is required
Christ Church of Oak Brook is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive PastorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- January 17
Pastor, Adult Groups - Reservoir CampusPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- January 16
Pastor, Adult Groups - Madison CampusPinelake Church
- Madison, Mississippi
- January 16
Director of Music MinistriesVenice Presbyterian Church
- Venice, Florida
- January 16
Church AccountantAdvent United Methodist Church
- Simpsonville, South Carolina
- January 15
Christ Church Of Oak Brook
Christ Church of Oak Brook is an intergenerational, non-denominational Christian church with an average weekend attendance of 2,600 people and a membership of more than 5,000. A core group of 75 staff and hundreds of volunteers join together on its 25-acre campus to provide ministries of worship, growth, and service for the western suburbs and beyond.More...