POSITION: Graphic Designer
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Communications Director, the Graphic Designer will:
- Design and produce creative deliverables for a wide range of channels including web, social media, email, and print.
- Assist in executing communications strategies that market, inform, and promote the ministries and campuses of Grace Covenant.
- Maintain a keen awareness of the latest trends as it pertains to design and marketing.
- Design compelling, innovative, and effective media that enhances and supports the mission, vision, and values of GCC. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Sermon series graphics
- Ministry and event promotion
- Weekly bulletins
- Social Media posts and campaigns
- Website graphics/design
- Communication support for worship services
- Elevate the ministry offerings at GCC by executing marketing and promotional strategies across print, web, and social media platforms.
- Assist the Communications Director in managing the appearance and content of GCC website.
- Help to expand the following/impact of GCC on social media platforms by providing informative, inspiring and engaging posts.
- Partner with GCC ministries to reinforce communication standards and implement best practices.
- Collaborate with other team members to creatively articulate the message and stories of Grace.
- Maintain effective schedules and targets for communication deliverables (including weekly bulletin, e-newsletters, and social media)
- Recruit, collaborate, and care for volunteers, when applicable
- Other responsibilities related to the position
- Spirit-led life and spiritually mature
- Passionate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Creative and innovativ3
- Proven integrity in words, relationships, & actions.
- Strong Team player
- Self--motivated – disciplined in work ethic
- Ability to multi--task and meet goals through successful task execution & time management
- Open--minded and tuned into cultural trends
- Life-long learner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis on Photoshop, Indesign, and Illustrator.
- Experience with motion graphics a plus.
- Experience with collaboration software helpful —BaseCamp/Trello/Slack. Pro?ciency in a CMS a plus—Wordpress/Joomla.
- Requirements include saving faith in Jesus Christ
- Commitment to the Grace Covenant Church mission, core values, and essentials of faith.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or relevant practical experience required
- 5 years Graphic Design
- 2 years of Church staff participation