Job Title: Youth and Young Adult Pastor
Reports to: Executive Pastor and Lead Pastor
Employment Status: Full Time Exempt Salaried
Prepared Date: [Updated: Summer 2016]
Primary Objective: To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a relevant approach to youth and young adult ministry, while serving as a spiritual leader to them and a positive role model. To be an advocate
for young people to the rest of the church congregation concerning the hopes, dreams, and visions of the youth of the church and the surrounding communities.
- Love youth in their present state
- Encourage youth in their development of a relationship with God
- Provide youth with opportunities for growth
- Challenge youth to respond to God’s call on their lives and to serve God in their church, communities, and the world
- Accomplish the ministry while maintaining a healthy relationship with spouse. Model a balanced lifestyle by spending quality time with your family.
- Growth of the Youth and Young Adults spiritually and numerically are indicators of a successful ministry.
Major Area of Responsibilities [Tasks and Duties]:
- Oversee all aspects of youth and young adult ministry at Harvest Church
- Plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of spiritual growth, worship ministry, discipleship, friendship, teaching, missions, and outreach
- Oversee that proper safety guidelines and policies are upheld during each youth worship service
- Evaluate the spiritual growth and overall numerical growth of the youth/young adult ministry and provide input to both Executive Pastor and Lead Pastor
- Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills and their God-given talents, through building friendships, and offering programs [i.e. connect groups] where they can grow
- Be current with trends, themes, and ongoing social media to stay relevant in ministry
- Develop and regularly update teaching curriculum
- Develop a cutting edge, dynamic worship environment for youth and young adults to feel freedom to grow spiritually and also feel loved
- Recruit, train, and place volunteers who have a heart to serve in this ministry
- Develop a discipleship program for leaders within the youth and young adult ministry
- Be a liaison between the church and local schools to develop relationships and offer support to local schools for the benefit of the students
- Be available to youth and young adults in a variety of ways [i.e. school lunches, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation/social, times of crisis, etc.]
- Be available to assist the Lead Pastor with any ministry requests as needed
- Summer Camps
- Youth/Young Adult Retreats
- Youth Convention
- Internships and Community Outreaches
- Local high-school assistance and support
- Christmas and other holiday programs
- Work alongside Pastor of Outreach to develop significant outreaches that are creative and attract unchurched Youth and Young Adults in the surrounding area
Harvest Church is an Assemblies of God church located in the Phoenix AZ suburb of Glendale. Our Senior Pastor has been here since 2001 and seen the church grow from a handful to over 1000 attending each week. We have a contemporary approach to ministry.
We are looking for a proven leader for our Youth and Young Adult ministry. Important qualities would include the ability to hold your audience while preaching and communicating, easily connecting with students one-on-one, expressing true interest in their
lives and becoming a friend and spiritual leader to each of them. You must adhere to the doctrines of the Assemblies of God. You must love this age group of 6th grade to college and career. If this sounds like you, please send your resume to email@example.com
or call at 623-334-9482.