Prepared Date: November 2016
Position Title: Small Group Pastor
Directly Reports To: Live Like Jesus Pastor
CrossPoint Community Church is all about Jesus and our transformation to become more like Him. Our calling is to equip and empower our church to Worship like Jesus, Live like Jesus, and to Rescue like Jesus. We are an intergenerational, passionate group of Christ followers who are committed to making much of God in our lives and community.
The Small Group Pastor leads the small group discipleship environments ministry area of our mission. It includes adult growth groups, mid-size and small. The Small Group Pastor is responsible for ensuring that the congregation is connecting with one another and building community through a strong, healthy, and growing small-group ministry. This position also includes recruiting, equipping and oversight of volunteers in our Sunday Guest Services areas. The focus of this position is shepherding lay-leaders through relationship, which requires the ability to teach while staying teachable. At CrossPoint, we take seriously the character, competency, and chemistry of our staff and the Small Groups Pastor must continually demonstrate and be growing in these areas of life.
- Building and leading the charge for group communities (small and mid-sized).
- Leadership and oversight of lay-leaders of small group environments. This includes identifying and recruiting group leaders, ongoing development and equipping of those leaders.
- Recruiting, leading, equipping, and empowering our Sunday morning Guest Services volunteers. This area includes the Welcome Center, usher service teams, and campus hospitality greeters.
- Provide leadership, development, and direction to Men’s Ministry.
- Attend and participate in Shepherding Team, All Staff, and other church meetings, as requested.
- We want you to love Jesus more than you love ministry. Our heart is that this would be personally played out in your life through the study of the Word, prayer, and worship. We are committed to shepherding you in this.
- The foundation of who you are is biblical humility; that your character is greater than your gifting and your humility is greater than your influence.
- In your decision-making process, you seek input from others even if you think you know the right outcome and ultimately decide based on your convictions rooted in God’s Word rather than your concerns about how it may affect you.
- Active Owner (formerly referred to as Membership) at CrossPoint Community Church (worship services, tithe, etc.).
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively one-on-one and to mid-sized groups.
- Possess a sense of personal security: that you are satisfied and comfortable in whom you are presently and actively pursuing who God is transforming you to be.
- Lead and shepherd spouse and children as God has described in his Word.
- Good testimony in the community.
- In heart and deed, affirm CrossPoint Community Church's statement of faith.
- Committed to the direction (mission, values, and beliefs) of CrossPoint Community Church as discerned by the Lead pastor, Leadership team, and Shepherding team.
- Committed to Jesus and continuous life transformation.
- Proven experience and ability in leading and equipping lay-leaders and volunteers.
- Proven developer of people’s ministry skills and personal character.
- Able to be a team player in environments where staff are valued and productive.
- Experience in leading leaders of group discipleship environments to health and growth within a large church (1000+ in attendance).
- Experience with and passion for developing Biblical community.
- Formal Bible degree.
- We commit to coming alongside God in the process that he has begun in you and will be faithful to complete it.
- We commit to making and keeping the environment and culture at CrossPoint, a place that you will thrive in and want to be a part of.
- We commit to loving and honest evaluation for the sake of the church and your personal growth
- We commit to provide humble leadership for you in ministry as you serve Jesus in His church.
Our prayer as the leadership at CrossPoint
“Father, always grant us character that is greater than our gifts and humility that is greater than our influence.”
All resumes must be sent to email@example.com. Resumes posted to ChurchStaffing will not be viewed.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor, Adult GroupsPinelake Church
- Clinton, Mississippi
- January 20
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Pastor, Adult Groups - Reservoir CampusPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- January 16
Pastor, Adult Groups - Madison CampusPinelake Church
- Madison, Mississippi
- January 16