We have created a unique opportunity for an individual to be the primary leader of our student ministries, while gaining invaluable ministry experience in a mentoring environment. We are looking for one director (male or female) to lead our student ministries.
We value having consistency and longevity with our students because many already deal with enough feelings of abandonment in our culture. With this in mind, we have a committed team of volunteers who have been in our students lives for years. Over the last
5 years we have been moving our student and children’s ministries progressively more into the Orange Strategy. For those seminary or college students training to be pastors we could do what is necessary to make this position fill internship requirements too.
We are praying for someone who can come in, grow with this position, and consistently embody the love of Jesus to young people.
Associated with Transformation Ministries (www.transmin.org), we are striving to grow in living missionally and incarnating our faith to our neighbors. We live by the four values: Connect with God, Care for One Another, Carryout the Mission, and Communicate
the Faith. Our website is: www.fbriv.org.
- Lead the Sunday morning high school or middle school gathering and oversee the leadership of the other gathering by a lay leader.
- Lead midweek youth group: including teaching, planning games, and preparing the small group material for our volunteers.
- Plan monthly special events.
- Coordinate the development (recruitment and training) of ministry teams needed to effectively minister to the students of FBC Riverside, including the Youth Leadership Team of adult volunteers.
- Organize and coordinate the efforts necessary to successfully accomplish our annual major youth group trips: winter camp, summer camp, and summer mission trip.
- Participate in one of our adult worship services.
- Regularly do relational ministry to the students and volunteer teams in informal ways that are beyond regularly scheduled student programs.
- Report to Associate Pastor.
- Participate in both weekly staff meetings and monthly pastor's planning meetings.
- Manage and allocate the annual student ministries budget.
Time Commitment: This is part-time, approximately 25 hours/week.
Compensation: $20,000 annually, plus within the student ministries budget there is money for professional expenses to attend conferences and do relational ministry, such as meeting with students, volunteers & parents over coffee or a meal,
and money for travel expenses.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Tim Mellinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.