Crossroads Church is a contemporary church with a weekly attendance of 500 people and a vision of reaching 1,000. Situated in a nice, friendly, quaint town of 18,000, with a little more laid back lifestyle than that of a big city. Albert Lea is a great
city to raise a family. The church is not your average small town church. We value high-level leaders with a leadership development mindset. One of our values is to be culturally relevant, bringing the never changing truth to an ever-changing world. We are
not just a seeker church or a believer’s church. We desire to reach both and grow deep and wide.
Our congregation has a very diverse age range. We have babies and 80’s. There is a solid focus on family ministry and reaching 20-30’s, while valuing our older members as well. Crossroads Church turns twenty years old this year. Growth has plateaued over
the last six years, but June 1st our church called a new Senior Pastor that has vision to take us forward.
We are looking for an Executive Pastor that can lead the business affairs of the church, support the Senior Pastor, supervise the staff team, and oversee small group ministries. We want to find a high-level, experienced, competent leader who can help organizationally,
to take our church forward.
Our church is less than an hour from Rochester, Mayo Clinic, and Mankato. Just over an hour from Minneapolis, St. Paul and the Mall of America. We have staff team of 10, and 46,000 square foot building, on 20 acres of land. We are currently finishing a
rebranding project, a new website, and looking to launch a church app in the next year.
If you are looking for an Executive Pastor position, we would love for you to consider our church. Send a Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Approved: 11/1/16
Position Title: Executive Pastor
Time Commitments: This is a full time salaried position 45-50 hours per week, with the salary and benefits set by the Church Board.
1. The Executive Pastor is called to his position by a vote of the membership and is accountable to the Senior Pastor.
2. The Executive Pastor maintains a close, supportive, working relationship with the Senior Pastor.
3. The Executive Pastor is responsible to resource and supervise support staff and all direct-report ministry leaders, including: the Associate Pastor of Children’s Ministry and the Associate Pastor of Student Ministries.
1. Serve as a pastor to the Church
a. Demonstrate ownership for and effectiveness in communicating and fulfilling the church’s vision, mission, focus, culture, statement of faith and doctrinal distinctive
b. Serve as a member of the pastoral staff providing spiritual guidance to the congregation by participating in weddings, funerals, counseling, hospital visitation, teaching, and preaching as directed by the Senior Pastor.
c. Lead the congregation through modeling to participate in Sunday worship, to take the next step in discipleship and to cultivate a lifestyle of service.
d. Provide pastoral leadership in the absence of the Senior Pastor at his request and fulfill necessary responsibilities associated with the Senior Pastor.
2. Collaborate with the Senior Pastor and Staff
a. Meet regularly with Senior Pastor and help enact his vision for the church and its ministries.
b. Participate in all staff gatherings and supervisory meetings.
c. Provide pastoral care and staff development for direct reports, and insure alignment of their initiatives with the mission and vision of the church.
d. Monitor and update the staff on budget, expenditures, cash flow, worship attendance, and various ministry related metrics.
3. Provide administrative leadership for the Senior Pastor, Staff, and Congregation
a. Oversee financial staff, teams, and processes including the annual budget, weekly cash flow, ministry expenses, and staff expenditures while maintaining regular dialogue with the Treasurer and Bookkeeper.
b. Oversee facilities staff, teams, usage, insurances, projects, and upgrades.
c. Oversee office staff, volunteers, church database, and information technology.
d. Work with the Senior Pastor in the process of staff evaluations and recommendations regarding staff compensation and benefits.
e. Provide administrative support and current information to the Senior Pastor that assists in policy related decision-making and strategic planning.
f. Responsible for all church communications and marketing including but not limited to: website, email, bulletin, and direct mail.
4. Provide oversight for small groups and family ministry
a. Develop, oversee, and grow adult small groups ministry
b. Provide ongoing training for small group leaders to learn how to help their small group members grow spiritually, care for others and serve as well as how to shepherd their group members and multiply their group.
c. Oversee and support the Ministry Staff and resource needs for Children’s Ministries and Student Ministries
1. Personal faith in Jesus Christ and an authentic life style consistent with that faith
2. Personal sense of calling to the position of senior associate pastor
3. Agreement with the Evangelical Free Church statement of faith
4. Education and experience consistent with or complimentary to the job description - a seminary degree and experience in churches 500 or more will be considered first.
5. Verifiable spiritual gifts and skills in administration, collaborative leadership, teaching, strategic thinking and team building.
1. Willingness to work hard and the discipline to rest, reflect, and renew
2. Willingness to be accountable and transparent within the established organizational structure and to delegate ministry responsibilities to qualified individuals in order to maximize ministry impact
3. Ability to work well with other staff and volunteer team members in a collaborative environment characterized by a loving, submissive and teachable attitude toward one another
4. Theology and personal convictions compatible with the existing church leadership
5. Commitment to ongoing personal, professional and spiritual development
6. Commitment to regular worship attendance and participation in church wide activities
7. Commitment to membership and participation in Crossroads Church with time, talent and treasure