The Director of Contemporary Worship and Media Technologies is a full time staff position at Cedar Crest Bible Fellowship Church in Allentown, PA. The man in this position will oversee contemporary worship services and the implementation of media technologies
for all services.
Direct Report: Associate Pastor of Family Ministries and Discipleship
Work Hours: Full-time including Wednesdays and Sundays
Starting Date: January 2017
Salary: To be determined
Education: A four-year degree in Music, Church Music, Worship/Worship Leadership, and/or Bible. Candidates must have some significant level of Bible training.
Experience: A minimum of three years’ experience (volunteer or paid) leading a music worship ministry.
Membership: A member of Cedar Crest Bible Fellowship Church in good standing, or willing and able to become a member.
Doctrine: In agreement with the Bible Fellowship Church Articles of Faith (http://cedarcrestbfc.org/about/)
Clearances: Able to pass the Child Abuse and Police Record checks
- Lead the contemporary worship service at CCBFC for the glory of the LORD.
- Embrace the Vision of CCBFC to be a Praying, Caring, Serving, Speaking, and Training church and see that our worship ministries are consistent with our vision and goals for our congregation.
- Demonstrate proficiency in utilizing or coordinating the use of all media technology, including but not limited to sound, video, and lighting.
- Design and manage the contemporary worship experience by integrating music, sound, lighting, video, and transitions. Instruct others on the proper use of all media technologies in a way that serves the purpose of leading our congregation in worship in a
non-distractive and effective fashion.
- Recruit, audition and train the most skilled and engaged volunteers available for the Contemporary Music Ministry.
- Lead the effort to accomplish CCBFC’s vision for contemporary worship by updating the sound, look, and feel of the contemporary service to obtain an energetic, upbeat, expressive, and authentic worship style that meaningfully engages the contemporary segment
of our culture in true worship.
- He shall report to and be accountable to the Associate Pastor of Family Ministries and Discipleship
- He shall ultimately report to and be accountable to the Board of Elders.
- He shall receive guidance, direction and coordination from the Director of Worship and Music Ministries
- He shall oversee and shepherd the worship leaders and musicians in the contemporary worship, youth, and young adult programs
- He shall be a co-laborer with each of the other church and pastoral staff.
- He shall be understood by the community as being a member of our pastoral and managerial staff.
- He shall be a member of Cedar Crest Bible Fellowship Church
- He shall coordinate all worship ministries in such a way that they augment and help the elders in their shepherding tasks.
- He shall attend weekly staff meetings.
- He shall conduct himself in such a way that unity and harmony in the pastoral staff, church staff and congregation are maintained.
- He shall be available to help the pastors with preaching, teaching, counseling, visitation, weddings, funerals, Lord's Supper, and Baptism, as appropriate.
Worship Ministry Responsibilities:
- He shall oversee the flow of the contemporary service, including serving as both platform manager and worship leader.
- He shall be responsible for laying out each service, assigning personnel, reviewing schedule with staff prior to and after each service.
- He shall lead, or provide a leader, for all congregational singing, including arranging for musical accompaniment, special music, prelude and postlude, and any other musical aspect of the service.
- He shall be responsible to communicate in a timely way with all sound, lighting, maintenance and other related personnel regarding program requirements, platform layout, rehearsal schedules, etc.
- He shall oversee all computer projections including those for worship and other special presentations. This includes assuring all presentations are excellently produced, tested and ready for projection.
- He shall effectively introduce new media technologies into services and develop effective leadership among volunteers in using the technology.
- He shall ensure that it is not the music, nor the instruments, nor the presentation, nor the voices that are the focus of the worship service, but worship of God is.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- A love for Jesus Christ and Godly character
- Mature, committed walk with Christ. The ideal candidate maintains personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community.
- Demonstrated leadership in worship that magnifies the greatness of God in Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit by skillfully combining God’s Word with music, thereby motivating and engaging the gathered church to proclaim the gospel, to cherish
God’s presence, and to live for God’s glory.
- An articulated vision and philosophy of corporate worship that is based in scripture.
- The ability to assume responsibility for the entire worship music ministry by 2018
- Technically excellent instrumental and vocal skill with musical training on keyboard and at least one other instrument.
- A shepherd/pastor’s heart for God’s people
- Effective skills in communicating, teaching and training volunteers.
- A conscientious work ethic. The ideal candidate is willing and able to work at a fast pace, with different types of people, within a variety of settings and circumstances and with composure and flexibility.
- Discernment and wise judgment.
- Managerial skill. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, self-starter, who can prioritize and manage multiple projects with attention to detail and an eye for excellence.