GENERAL MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES
Communicator: The Senior Pastor will be the primary communicator at each of our Sunday main worship services, preaching 70-80% of the time…In addition, the Senior Pastor will have a communicable passion for prayer.
Visionary Leader: The Senior Pastor will be a visionary and vision communicator.
Shepherd: The Senior Pastor will lead, feed and protect the congregation.
Overseer: While not being immersed in details, the Senior Pastor will have an understanding of how smaller parts of the church ministry fit in with the big picture. He will be organized; an effective communicator so that followers can
understand the big and small pictures. He will be responsible for managing and encouraging our associate pastors and admin staff.
Spiritual Life: The Senior Pastor will need to have a consistent personal devotional life and demonstrate that he truly loves and is committed to following Jesus whatever the cost. He will be committed to putting safeguards in his life
against temptations to pride and impurity.
Character: The Senior Pastor will be a married man with “above reproach” character traits in keeping with the Elder qualifications set forth in 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1 and 1 Peter 5. His wife will be a woman with above reproach, moral/character
traits, conducting herself in a manner befitting a senior/associate pastor’s wife.
Credibility: The Senior Pastor will uphold a positive reputation among a wide variety of people. This includes having a lifestyle that builds credibility with personal practices of being trustworthy, showing concern for people, and being
morally pure in all walks of life.
Competence: The Senior Pastor will:
1. Possess qualities that meet the requirements of the ministry position as stated above.
2. Possess pronounced communication skills with a comprehensive working knowledge of Scripture and doctrine. He needs to be strongly grounded in a conservative/evangelical approach to teaching/preaching from the Bible. As a Bible Church we have a strong
tradition of teaching people God’s Word in an expositional manner; either book by book, or the study of passages that speak to a particular topic. We desire practical applications in how to apply God’s Word to our daily lives versus inspirational types of
preaching/teaching that only uses the Bible as proof texts.
3. Have at least a Master of Arts seminary degree or higher from a reputable institution, have a similar level of training. We prefer Dallas Theological Seminary, Grace School of Theology, or a seminary with a similar theological position.
4. Have substantial experience and a proven track record of effective church leadership. Generally we are looking for a person who has had a minimum of five years’ experience as an effective Senior Pastor of a church of 300 regular attendees/members or
more or a minimum of five years’ experience as an effective Associate Pastor in a church of 500 regular attendees/members or more.
5. Be a self-starter with the ability to assess the past and present as well as step toward the future through innovation and implementation. He will not only be self-motivated but also able to motivate others to action.
The Senior Pastor will:
1. Possess healthy and God-honoring relational and conflict resolution skills.
2. He should be in agreement with MBC’s doctrinal statement, vision, and methodology.
3. Position is located in the Magnolia/Tomball area of Houston, TX.
Salary: $80-105K+ depending on experience, credit card, paid relocation, fully paid major medical/dental/vision for whole family and has low deductible, 3-4 weeks vacation