Please read the "Who We Are" description and download the Bethel Temple Church Pastor Information Form (avalible on our website at: http://bethelhampton.com/about/lead-pastor-transition/.) Complete the information form and email it and other requested documents to the Bethel Church Pastor Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BETHEL TEMPLE CHURCH
Lead Pastor Job Description
1. Act and function as the spiritual leader and overseer of Bethel Temple Church’s congregation and staff
2. Provide pastoral leadership, administrative leadership, vision, and direction for the ministries of Bethel Temple Church
3. Direct the development of all strategies for Bethel Temple Church in order to fulfill the church’s mission
4. Create a cohesive and effective team among pastors, staff, and Church Board
5. Actively participate in planning, oversight, and development of the church’s ministry and mobilization of general church operations
6. Meet regularly with the pastoral staff and Director of Finance in order to facilitate the coordination of ministry programs
7. Consult with the Church Board for spiritual and administrative direction
1. Work in concert with the pastors, directors, and Church Board to develop strategic plans for the successful implementation of all strategies within Bethel Temple Church and its associated para-church ministries
2. Provide operational and fiscal leadership for all Bethel Temple Church ministries.
3. Work with the executive leadership team for the day-to-day operations and ministries of Bethel Temple Church
4. Provide public representation and advocacy of Bethel Temple Church's vision and mission
5. Oversee church services and pulpit ministry
6. Oversee the physical, emotional, and spiritual care for the Bethel Temple Church family
7. Perform pastoral evaluations and provide input to pastors in the evaluation of directors and support staff
8. Oversee the planning, management, and stewardship of the annual Bethel Temple Church budget in conjunction with executive leadership team, pastoral staff, directors, and the Church Board
9. Perform all duties as an officer of the corporation in accordance with Bethel Temple Church Inc. By-Laws
10. Report to and be directly responsible to the Church Board in accordance with Bethel Temple Church By-Laws
11. Other duties as necessary
1. Family Life (children, youth, young adults)
2. Congregational Life (adults, discipleship, assimilation)
3. Worship and Creative Arts
4. Velocity School of Leadership
5. World Missions
6. Spanish Ministry
7. Community Outreach
8. Prayer Ministry
9. Bethel School of the Arts (BSA)
10. Bethel Child Development Center (BCDC)
11. Pastoral Care
12. Bethel College (advisory support)
1. Maintain regular office hours during the week for the purpose of maintaining contact with staff, ministry leaders, and participants
2. Provide and maintain a budget that is sufficient to support the operational and ministry needs of Bethel Temple Church
3. Provide leadership for the entire staff and meet with them on a regular basis
4. Ensure the staff is provided with the tools and guidance to optimize job performance
5. Working knowledge, appropriate experience, and proven competencies in leading a multi-cultural, multi-generational congregation, and staff
6. Appropriate theological and doctrinal competencies as recognized through fruit of ministry and suitable educational preparation
7. Possess active credentials with the Assemblies of God
8. Working knowledge and training in small group dynamics and conflict resolution
9. Demonstrate excellent interpersonal-relationship skills
10. Ability to lead and motivate others
11. Demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills
12. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
13. Provide effective pulpit ministry
14. Demonstrate the ability to administer and manage multi-layered budgets
15. Abides by the established Bethel Temple Church Policy Manual
16. Support, promote, and participate in corporate vision and strategy of Bethel Temple Church
1. Adhere to the 16 Fundamentals of Truth of the Assemblies of God
2. Value the Four Core Beliefs of the Assemblies of God: salvation, baptism in the Holy Spirit, divine healing, and the second coming of Christ
3. Embrace, promote, and celebrate diversity and unity as an earthly expression of God’s design for His eternal Kingdom (Revelation 7:9) and in accordance with John 17:20-23.
4. Called by the Holy Spirit and confirmed. (Acts 20:28)
5. Equip, educate, and edify the church as mandated in Ephesians 4:11-13
6. Conform to the ministry expectations set forth in 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13.
7. Lead and serve in accordance with the expectations set forth in 1 Peter 5:1-3.
8. Exercise biblical authority and carry out a Christian witness as set forth in Hebrews 13:17 and as directed in 2 Timothy 4:1-5.
9. Lead ministry in the church as required in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
10. Proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, teach the biblical revelation, and engage in pastoral care
11. Understand, embrace, and accomplish the mission to make disciples both locally and globally in accordance with Acts 1:8.
12. Lead and cast the vision of the church (cf. Acts 20:28; Philippians 1:1; I Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; I Peter 5:1-4).
13. Practice evangelism and ensure that the church is challenged and equipped to be obedient to the Great Commission (cf. II Timothy 4:5; Matthew 28:19).
14. Model the heart of the Chief Shepherd and ensure the church is well led, cared for, and protected (cf. Acts 20:28; I Peter 5:1-4).
15. Declare God’s truth with conviction in the face of shifting moral values, not shying away from addressing major social issues from a Biblical worldview. (Acts 20:27)
16. Communicate God’s Word in public worship and ensure the church is growing to maturity in Christ (cf. Acts 6:4; Ephesians 4:11; II Timothy 4:1-4; Titus 1:9).
17. Empower and equip maturing members for significant service and ministry by discovering, developing, and deploying their spiritual gifts (cf. Ephesians 4:12; II Timothy 2:2).
Please read the "Who We Are" description and download the Bethel Temple Church Pastor Information Form (avalible on our website at: http://bethelhampton.com/about/lead-pastor-transition/ ) Complete the information form and email it and other requested documents to the Bethel Church Pastor Search Committee at email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Sr. PastorEast Chain Evangelical Free Church
- Granada, Minnesota
- January 20
Senior PastorFirst Baptist Dexter
- Dexter, Missouri
- January 19
Senior PastorFirst Baptist Church of Westerlo
- Westerlo, New York
- January 19
Senior PastorMemorial Baptist Church
- Tulsa, Oklahoma
- January 19
Lead PastorEvana Network
- Goshen, Indiana
- January 16
Bethel Temple Church
Bethel Temple Church was founded in the summer of 1955 with 30 people in a small cinder block building. Over our 60-year history, we have been led by 10 pastors, and have become known as a lighthouse to the community. Throughout the years, Bethel has been one of the largest churches in the Assemblies of God, become known for our local and international missions, our powerful praise and worship, and our multicultural congregation. We currently have a campus that includes a 1,891-seat worship center, a multi-purpose life cente More...