Westminster Presbyterian Church (http://www.wpc-online.org), a large, growing, and vibrant community of faith in Greenville, SC, is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor for Youth Ministries. The church is very active in the community and boasts a long-term
youth ministry program. Westminster possesses a strong commitment to educating youth on the importance of being active members of church and society. Much of the ministry is done through forming, nurturing, and developing individual relationships with youth
The Associate Pastor for Youth Ministries will play a critical role in the congregation and as part of the staff of Westminster, working with the church leadership, parents, and youth, and acting as a catalyst in connecting the youth to each other, their
parents, the congregation, the community, and God. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the implementation of a full youth program including Sunday school, youth group, and special events.
- Other teaching includes Confirmation class as well as instructing the youth portion of Vacation Bible School
- Developing healthy relationships with youth and their parents outside of regular programming
- Leading and organizing events such as youth mission trips, conferences, and summer activities
- Recruiting, training, supporting, and supervising adult volunteers
- Assisting in morning worship as well as preaching occasionally, if desired
- Sharing pastoral responsibilities such as hospital visitations as well as committee obligations
This is an ordained position – the church is open to candidates who are in the ordination process. The church prefers candidates who have 2-3 years of youth ministry experience. S/he should be an effective communicator and manager of time and resources as
well as be open and approachable so as to facilitate the development of one-on-one relationships. If interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.