Highland United Methodist Church, Highland, Michigan, is seeking candidates for a
Director of Music Ministry or
full-time Director of Music and Worship position.
Job Description: Director of Music Ministry.
Full or Part-time position (full time would require addition of Worship Coordinator role.)
• To develop and lead the worship music ministry for our church, in consultation with our
Pastor and other team members, in a way that is consistent with our mission, values, and
• Select and plan music for Sunday (2) services.
• Participate in the creative planning of the Sunday and special services with the Pastor and
other team members.
• Oversee implementation of music that crosses generational lines and encourages
• Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and shepherd music team leaders and musicians.
• Develop musical teams and ensembles for services.
• Direct outreach events into the community via performances at other organizations as
• Maintain a strong prayer base for the music ministry.
• Communicate faithfully with the Pastor and staff.
• Participate in the life and ministry of the church.
• Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
• Ability to shepherd volunteer musicians in the Christian life.
• Love and respect for people.
• Attested musical skills and competence.
• Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians and technical team members.
• Enthusiastic with a sense of humor and positive attitude.
• Strong team player with the rest of the staff and congregation.
• Committed to the church's vision, leadership, and people.
• Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative.
• Formal degree preferred.
• Minimum five years’ experience in church related setting.
• Ability in wide range of styles including Christian classics (hymns) but with a focus on
• Ability to lead worship and to train others as individual and team worship leaders.
• Professional quality keyboard (preferred) or guitar player.
• Composing, arranging, writing, and sequencing music.
• Producing and directing special events, musicals and programs.
• Experience with technical aspects of contemporary services: for example, sound boards,
lighting, video editing, etc.—a plus.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience, education and credentials.
Interested individuals may submit resume to the following address or email to:
Highland United Methodist Church
680 W. Livingston Road
Highland, Mi. 48357