epikos Church, Milwaukee, WI
North Side Music Director
History of epikos
What began as a gathering of a few small groups in early 2004 has grown to almost 2300 attendees at three campuses in the Milwaukee area. The East Side Campus is located in a church that was built in the late 1800s. The West Allis Campus is located in a theater
that was built in the early 1900s. And the North Side Campus is in a partnership with a public school. Our locations serve as reminders to us that in our work for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we are joining God in what he has been doing here much longer than
we’ve been around. It reminds us to give thanks for those who came before us, whose shoulders we stand on.
Distinctives of epikos
Our mission is to make more and better disciples. We do that through worship, small groups, and serving. God has given us a platform to lead in Milwaukee as a mega-church that is small (a church of small groups, not with small groups), focused on the margins
(heavy on college students, young professionals, blue collar, and urban), and disorganized (equipping and empowering believers to accomplish mission without a dependency on the church organization).
epikos | North Side
Shortly after the launch of epikos | West Allis in 2012, we recognized the diversity of our congregation as a blessing and true work of God. It awakened within our leaders a discussion of why ethnic diversity in a church is so rare. God used that years-long
discussion to lead us to the reality of a North Side Campus. We launched on August 7th, 2016. Our desire is that the worship experience at this campus would reflect both the cultural preferences of the North Side and the DNA of worship at epikos.
Position Expectations and Responsibilities
- In partnership with the Worship Pastor and Team, set the vision for the worship experience at epikos | North Side
- Lead worship at North Side weekly and run rehearsals
- Ability to play keyboard and sing excellently with a strong emphasis on contemporary black church worship (i.e., Israel Houghton, Tye Tribbet, William Mcdowell, Hezekiah Walker), but with the ability to play worship in the vein of Hillsong worship and Chris
Tomlin as well.
- Schedule worship band and tech team for Sunday services and rehearsals
- Ability to lead and direct band rehearsals
- Participate in all service planning meetings
- A love for people of many different races and cultures
- Invite and empower others to be a part of the Worship and Tech team
- Help worship and tech team members to grow in their love for God through mentoring and caring for them
- Assist the Worship Pastor in scheduling and implementing services
- Create lyric slides for weekend services within ProPresenter
- Coordinate and help facilitate worship team auditions
- Create chord charts
- Ability to run sound (basic level needed, but more knowledgeable, the better)
-Working knowledge of stage lighting programming
- Help to develop worship team through quarterly meetings, rehearsals, time spent one on one with those on worship team
- Develop worship leaders
Expectations for Connecting at epikos
- Participate in or lead a small group at epikos.
- Regularly engage in corporate worship at epikos (when not on vacation or sick).
- Become a Covenant Member of epikos.
- Tithe to epikos.
All ethnicities are encouraged to apply! Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.