- Lead and direct all aspects of the middle and high school youth ministries in concert with our church's mission of
Helping people far from God find and know Jesus Christ.
- Form and manage volunteer leadership team in building effective ministry for middle school and high school students which will involve:
-Recruiting and training new volunteers
-Meeting regularly with adult volunteers to communicate and reinforce ministry goals
-Review effectiveness of volunteers and coach them in needed areas
- Build long range plans for student ministries in collaboration with Senior Pastor.
- Develop and implement strategies, plans, programs and events to connect students to Jesus Christ and grow their relationship with him. This includes:
-Setting ministry goals and direction
-Establishing new ministry opportunities
-Evaluating existing programs against ministry goals to determine effectiveness
-Weekly student worship services and small group meetings
-Monthly/quarterly leadership meetings
- Create teachings and promote discussions on topics relevant to the struggles our youth face today. These struggles would include drugs, suicide, sex, gender identity and same sex attraction.
- Cultivate strategies to reach the community within three miles of our church campus and develop relationships in local middle and high schools in our target outreach area.
- Regularly communicate with parents through social media, emails and regularly scheduled meetings.
- Foster networking among local churches and youth workers.
- Create and oversee youth ministry annual budget, oversee spending and fundraising and ensure stewardship.
Demonstrable relationship with Jesus Christ and passionate calling to serve in the youth ministry.
At least two years' experience working with middle and high school age students.
A commitment toward continuing education relevant to student ministry.
Ability to effectively attract and retain students in the youth ministry.
Familiar with using social media to attract and connect students to the youth ministry.
Oversee and promote the development of youth worship band.
Self motivated individual that can implement ministry strategy with minimal supervision.
Ability to establish and communicate clear vision.
Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Thank you for your interest in our open position. We are praying for the right person and if you would like to be considered please take the following actions:
Apply through churchstaffing.com. This is our hiring tool and resumes or phone calls directly to the church office will not be considered.
Upload your resume.
Describe your ministry philosophy.
Include digital links to one or two sermons or teachings.
All applications will be reviewed and we will contact only those applicants we wish to move forward in the hiring process. Again, thank you for your interest and we are also praying that each one of your seeking a ministry home is placed where
God can use you most.